M500 TOO
Just need a little help please

On the AMOC web page in events the above historical run is not mentioned, any one any idea why this would be the case please?

Why when an incorrect email address is posted does the club not correct it once noticed and inform all members of the shortcoming?

Do we not proof read such articles to ensure the correct information is published?

Yes I have possibly missed out on entry to the run and London dinner etc due to this as the correct email has only just been put in the latest issue of the AM magazine which I replied to only to be told that the event is full but I could possibly get to attend some dinners in York or Edinburgh if there are extra places

It seems all spaces are filled by notes of interest well surely noted interest is just that, not a guaranteed place as only placement of a deposit should actually confirm a place.

I expect to get either no responses or lots on this as I feel a little peeved due to the fact I had responded promptly to the email originally given to express interest in this event but had bounce backs each time and have spent the last few weeks out of the country. Surely the fact that the incorrect email was published means that my original email of interest should be added to the list.

Disappointed again with AMOC use of forum and web to let members know.

MarkT

Quote 0 0
monster
I wasn't aware that the AMOC ran this event?
Quote 0 0
Anne
Mark

I can confirm that a Waiting List has now been set up in case any of those who have registered for the event don't book.

I will ask Christine to confirm that you have been added to this list.

Anne
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Many thanks Anne

This is appreciated

MarkT
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
monster wrote:
I wasn't aware that the AMOC ran this event?
Likewise, what is it? I cannot see anything about it on the website. or is that the point being made? [confused]
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Anne
I've asked the question to see if it went up on the website and has been taken down again.

On the assumption that it was not put on the website or the forum, I have asked for two lines to be added to the event checklists, which are now in place, so it won't get forgotten in future.

Anne
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
Are we going to post about this run and enlighten any members who may of missed or wish to be added to the waiting list please

MarkT
Quote 0 0
psags
Thinking about flying over for the London to Edinburgh MCC Trial Centenary Run 2019, I understand the trust BM A3 will be undertaking the tour.  Can anyone fill us in on the details,  is there any other members with Pre-war Astons participating?   
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Another reason for the AMOC monthy mag to be put on the sebsite in pdf format (like it was in the past).
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Anne
psags wrote:
Thinking about flying over for the London to Edinburgh MCC Trial Centenary Run 2019, I understand the trust BM A3 will be undertaking the tour.  Can anyone fill us in on the details,  is there any other members with Pre-war Astons participating?   

Hello Peter

Looking at the list of those who have registered an interest, and identified what model of Aston they are taking, there are 3 Pre-War cars. 

Anne
Quote 0 0
M500 TOO
And there is a list and it’s full

Of registered interest folk

So I wouldn’t bother

Disgruntled

Scotland
Quote 1 0
Anne
M500 TOO wrote:
And there is a list and it’s full Of registered interest folk. 
So I wouldn’t bother

Disgruntled

Scotland

Every event has to start somewhere. This one is proving very popular.  We know not everyone who registers for something, books when the time comes, hence the waiting list. 

Anne
Quote 0 0