Andrewdb9
I notice that there are a number of us who are going to Le Mans in June. I wonder if there is any way we could all get together to have a chat/drink etc. We could meet at the champagne bar at an agreed time or meet after the drivers parade of Friday evening in Le Mans town centre ( but traffic is very busy and the gendarmes are very hot on drink driving) I would be happy to give out my mobile number if thats what you all want to do.

I pick up my replacement db9 on Friday so this will be the first long run in it. Think I will take my battery pack with me though never had a problem with the old one.

Hope to hear from you. Andrew db9
Quote 0 0
michaeladler
Andrewdb9 wrote:

I notice that there are a number of us who are going to Le Mans in June. I wonder if there is any way we could all get together to have a chat/drink etc. We could meet at the champagne bar at an agreed time or meet after the drivers parade of Friday evening in Le Mans town centre ( but traffic is very busy and the gendarmes are very hot on drink driving) I would be happy to give out my mobile number if thats what you all want to do.

I pick up my replacement db9 on Friday so this will be the first long run in it. Think I will take my battery pack with me though never had a problem with the old one.

Hope to hear from you. Andrew db9

not going to Le Mans but why was your DB9 replaced?
Quote 0 0
Andrewdb9
Initially I had a lot of problems including a complete respray at WS. They did a great job and corrected some 20 other faults. Car off road 10 weeks. Since then every time it is used something goes wrong like a warning light for no reason, rubber over the wheel arches falling off. Other things like a 950 watt hi-fi thats crap!

I demanded my money back but in the end we did a deal and I ordered a new later car. My original was a Feb 05, so I am hoping a May06 build will be better. I like the car when it goes and to be fair it has never left me stranded but I have limped home on reduced power etc.

Andrew db9
Quote 0 0
williamp
sorry to hear about that, but glad its been sorted.

Myself and MSCV8 are staying in Houx, and a meet-up will be great. The circuit on friday lunchtime? champagne tent at midnight?
Quote 0 0
Andrewdb9
I shall be arriving sometime Friday afternoon, and am also staying in Houx. My mobile number is +447785 260913, lets have a call and sort out. Regards Andrew db9
Quote 0 0
nicke999
happy to meet up...champers bar sounds good Andrewdb9
my mobile number is +447768 456403..

Who knows a good route down...you know...where all the decent metal goes for style/lunch/drink/looking/posing/talking/drive a bit more/same again/same again etc...not the blast down the motorway route??

Nick
Quote 0 0
michaeladler
Andrewdb9 wrote:

Initially I had a lot of problems including a complete respray at WS. They did a great job and corrected some 20 other faults. Car off road 10 weeks. Since then every time it is used something goes wrong like a warning light for no reason, rubber over the wheel arches falling off. Other things like a 950 watt hi-fi thats crap!

I demanded my money back but in the end we did a deal and I ordered a new later car. My original was a Feb 05, so I am hoping a May06 build will be better. I like the car when it goes and to be fair it has never left me stranded but I have limped home on reduced power etc.

Andrew db9

wow. so sorry to hear about your problems. I am sure you will have no problems with your new DB9. Good luck!
Quote 0 0
chrisr
I'm driving down on Friday afternoon. Staying in Le Mans.
Tel +447768 334455.
Like the idea of meet up on way down for late lunch /drink?
Chris.
Quote 0 0
nicke999
I'm getting the impression from a number of well informed Le Mans vets that a little Bistro in the town square of Sees is the best place to meet for lunch...
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Dear All

See the thread in Idling - Le Mans Tours, where I am coordinating a contact list of those going to Le Mans.

Message me your datails and I will issue a full list nearer the time.

Keith

PS - Those so far include:-

Hi guys.

The following have PM'd me their mobile numbers/email and details etc for meeting up at Le Mans.

timcottingham
andrewross
astonatic
CQ DBS V8
Milog
MCSV8
judgenic
tunlaw
PBY 113Y

If there are more just send me your details and you'll be added to the list and circulated before the event.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Now added phone numbers of the following, email addresses would help to to issue the details.

Andrewdb9
Nick999
Chrisr
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Well done Keith, I think this is about the fith Le Mans thread bu t who cares ot beets working on a Friday afternoon, not long now.
Quote 0 0
Julian BW
I am hoping to get there Saturday am (sadly without Vinnie - he will be going to the classic though!) - it would be good to meetup perhaps the champaine bar (although I know they have changed things some what this year!)

Keep us posted of the mustering point & time.

Julian.
Quote 0 0
Andrewdb9
Hi Keith

My email is Andrew.Roberts@gtuk.com.

Regards
Andrewdb9
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Dear All

I have sent you all an OUTLOOK Distribution List with all 17 name & details of those who said they are going to Le Mans.

You should be able to copy this to your Oultook and synchronise it with your phone.

For those who cannot do this I have attached an Excel file as well.

The arrangements last year were to meet at the Champagne bar at midnight on Saturday.  Same again sounds good (Martyn - got the flag?), as well as any other times that people may want.

I am doing the Laps again this year and have, to my surprise, received two tickets to the AMOC International Buffet on the Friday.  If anybody else is going to that let me know.

email sent to:-

Tim         Cottingham               Timcottingham
Andrew         Ross               Andrewross
Mike         Wills        
Eian         Nelson               Astonatic
Harry         Moore               Dwarf
Will         Presland               Williamp
Milo         Gelissen               Milog
Martyn         Smith               MCSV8
John         Cheyne               Tunlaw
Nic         Breese               JudgeNic
Jason & Christine Johnson  PBY 113 Y
Andrew         Roberts               Andrewdb9
Nick                       Nick999
Chris         Rees               Chrisr
Neil         Williams               NeilWilliamsV8
Julian         BW               Julian BW
Keith         Artus               Geewizzpip

All the best.

See you there.

Keith

(geewizzpip)
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Keith you tart, how did you get to do just the laps? If you have 2 tickets is Mrs Geewizpip with you?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Sorry, International buffet is on the Saturday.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
All those going to Le Mans read below.....
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Can I just check when you will be doing the laps on the Saturday - I'll get up especially to do pictures
Quote 0 0
nicke999
Tim c, if we are meeting at midnight...how will you get up in the morning??
C U There...only 4 working days to go
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Tim

The laps meet at 7am and start at about 7:30 am from Mulsanne.  I will be there.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
I'll try to get an early night on Friday - although the campsite party goes on until stupid o'clock

Then up early Saturday morning for the track parade - if I'm really lucky.

I'll still make to midnight on Saturday night before I head off to bed.

Just seen on BBC weather that it'll be 34C when I'm putting the tent up - phew, what a scorcher
Quote 0 0
nicke999
Sorry I didn’t make it to the Champagne bar, I think it might have been something to do with the fact I was in said bar, from 10.30am to 7pm on race day, this resulted in me being completely comatose back at camp at midnight!!

Nick
Quote 0 0