pofg
Entries are announced today supposedly... who's got one??
Not heard yet, finger are crossed... suspense killing...
Cheers
Rick
Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies

yep;

still waiting...............
Quote 0 0
pofg
these Italians take their time....  16:45 here in Zurich... still no news... maybe it's gonna be midnight tonight.... have a feeling it was a midnight announcement last year....
Quote 0 0
pofg
Entries are out...

And we're not in... wait listed... need to find out how far down... hope rest of you had more luck!!
Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies
Same for me mate ....... Waiting list........
Quote 0 0
pofg
Check your man has a small tail-light Mk III Simon?? Because they are known to wait list cars that aren't actually eligible just to hang onto the cash a bit longer...

I'm a tad gutted... thought we'd worked the system well enough... but I couldn't do the Targa Florio in Sicily in October this year which I think was the "Mille tax" event... (the one you had to support to get a Mille entry...) due to prior commitments... so think that cost us our place.

Oh well... always 2013...
Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies
oh yes small lights; "our" Mk 111 is a very famous early competition car: Sebring and period competition history;
the works put everything into this one.
As you say they love to hold onto your money though.

Maybe we will look at Targa Florio;  I would like to do that one in any car.
Quote 0 0
cresta4
i am in look forward to great rally
Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies
Have just been accepted on the Mille Miglia - with Jon Gross.
1957 DB mk3
I think they put everyone on the waiting list just to keep the suspense up.
Hope your entry comes good Rick.
Best wishes
Simon
Quote 0 0
cresta4
Congratulations. Thought MK III are not eligible as they did not compete in the original Mille Miglia. This is at least what they mailed me 2 years ago.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
marc wrote:

Congratulations. Thought MK III are not eligible as they did not compete in the original Mille Miglia. This is at least what they mailed me 2 years ago. 

I was also informed the same. Curious that they now accept them...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
simon1jefferies
I did the MM three times in a vintage Bentley and they never took part in the original event either!
All these events seem to adjust the rules as they go along.......
Quote 0 0
pofg
They got much more strict after the change of organisers (and leap in popularity...) and MkIII's ARE acceptable as long as of the small tail light variety....

Told we were very high on the wait list... but obviously not that high!

Congrats anyway Simon!
Cheers
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
pofg wrote:

They got much more strict after the change of organisers (and leap in popularity...) and MkIII's ARE acceptable as long as of the small tail light variety....
Ah yes, I recollect it's down to the 1957 cut off year. I lost interest when I was told I couldn't enter mine... and my wife breathed a sigh of relief! 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
pofg
Saves you firing large amounts of money into the ether pre-Xmas only to face disappointment in Feb... and see your cash again (briefly) in June before sending it back to them again in November... repeat ad nauseam.
Quote 0 0