pofg
Well today is supposedly the day when they announce the chosen few that will be starting the Mille in May...
Not even holding the breath this year... but we'll see.
If anyone's already been notified, I'd love to know!?
Cheers
Rick
Quote 0 0
cresta4
notification postponed to 18th feb
Quote 0 0
pofg
we got notified on the 15th in the end... in the "negatory"...

Once again passed over for Mille Glory... oh well. Can always send large sums of money into the ether for 4 months again next year if Italy still exists. ;-)

Rick
Quote 0 0
justinkennedy
I am on the waiting list but don't know what this means this year.
Quote 0 0
pofg
Apparently means that if an identical car to your pulls out, you will get in if they prefer your car to other identical ones they've wait listed.

If you've asked to be wait listed, you are wait listed EVEN if your car is ineligible apparently... but since of course none of the same type will have got in... chances of a call up are 0.0!

Had a chat with helpful lady about it today.

Asked for my money back.

Rick
Quote 0 0
pofg
Well to be honest, I give up with the MM.

Just seen the entry list... and now it's back in the hands of the Auto Club, it would appear they've completely relaxed the rules of eligibility to let in their buddies.
390 cars of which 76 get in automatically having been original chassis that did the MM ... THEN alongside them a couple of DB2/4 MkIIs which never ran in period and had been banned under the MAC Group stewardship, AND in addition they've let in 26 "Special List" cars which aren't eligible at all!!
"DB2/4 Drophead Coupe"?
NO Tojeiro ever ran on the MM, so how did Mr Sarasini know to enter his Toj Sport Tad???

And did Mr Battistella wake up one morning, look at his "Weldagrind Parson Maserati" and think, I'm sure it's worth firing in an entry for the old MM... despite what they say about eligibility?

So as a result, looking at the years shown by the entries, they've taken 7 Felthams, of which 3 would not previously been eligible... bit of a poke in the eye for those of us that got turned away with cars that fitted their own rules. Very frustrating.

But hey ho, guess that's the Italians for you but doesn't make me want to rush to enter next year.

Just jealousy I guess ;-)

Rick
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Interesting Rick and as you say doesn't make one keen to enter next year. When I bought my Feltham 5 years ago I wondered about this event for all of 30 seconds but when I saw MkIIIs are ineligible I didn't give it a second thought. In fact I believe an early MkIIIa did complete so maybe a later MkIII could enter but to be honest it seems to have become such a media fest run by the old boys network that I don't think I'm the kind of person to take part. Hob-knobing with a load of free-loaders and champagne Charlies is not my scene. You're probably better off out.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
pofg
Yup Rich, it's something I fancied doing. But firing off Euro 7k for 6 months each year would now appear a pointless exercise unless you've paid up for an original MM car or you "know" somebody... and to be honest, it always felt vaguely pointless anyway!

390 cars accepted.
76 automatic entries, then 12 extras handed to Merc factory, and roughly same again to the rest takes out 100 places.
Leaves 290, of which 10% go to obvious "special list buddies" and god knows how many more where like the DB2/4 Mk II's they've chosen people rather than strictly eligible cars?

On the evidence of Feltham's accepted the "interesting" choices could be as high as 50%!

You're shooting for 4 places... and as nice as my DB2 is, it doesn't have enough period history to be THAT much of a stand out.

Just makes me laugh a little when I see dealers selling cars as "MM eligible", guessing pretty much everything falls into that category now?

But think you're right Rich, better off out... and certainly better off without trying to fill in the 7 page online form each year!

Still a little bit disappointed that they've gone this route... but mature enough not to expect too much of people...

Rick
Quote 0 0