PRanucci
Figured I'd bump this topic back up.
Who's going ?
Quote 0 0
augkuo
We'll be there - the Monterey bay Aquarium at night should be interesting! 

Augie
Quote 0 0
jkahler
See you on Thursday at the Munras

Jeff
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Coming in via San Francisco on Thursday afternoon and hope to be at te Casa Munras. The Aquarium dinner has sold very well, still a few tickets left. Look forward to meeting many of the Forum in person.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
I'll be there  ;D

Had a slot cut in my cast so I should be cleared to fly at the weekend - still practicing holding the camera  :-\
Quote 0 0
cwallace1309
I'll be there too.  See you at the CM Thursday evening.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Anyone else care to check in ?
Quote 0 0
Rogala
I and my wife will be there all the way from Austin , TX.  My 85' Volante will not be making the trip though to to some last minute repairs. 

We are coming into town Monday, and will see everyone at the Casa and at the aquarium, etc.

Quote 0 0
TVJL
I'm afraid that I will now be in Lisbon next week representing a Portuguese bank rather than enjoying PB. Have fun for me.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
TVJL wrote:

I'm afraid that I will now be in Lisbon next week representing a Portuguese bank rather than enjoying PB. Have fun for me.

It's a tough job but someone's got to do it! Need anyone to carry your BRIEFcase?
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Job taken I'm afraid Martin, and I suspect that she has better legs too. ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Trust me Tim that wouldn't be hard.
Quote 0 0
usvantage
See you there!
Quote 0 0
tim_c
I'm all packed and ready to leave for the airport very shortly. I will have my laptop, so with a bit of luck I'll post pictures to the forum when I can.

Quote 0 0
riozilla
I am driving up from LA on Monday morning for a few days of relaxing in Big Sur, then rolling into Casa Munras on Thursday - Sunday with my wife Melinda.  We will have our DB9 and I am looking forward to meeting more AM owners / fans.
Quote 0 0
usvantage

Quote:
I will have my laptop, so with a bit of luck I'll post pictures to the forum when I can.

I'll get you started Tim. Not quite Monterey though. Yet. 

Quote 0 0
geofro
Arriving Tuesday evening.

1- Have not booked a hire car yet - hoping to pick up something sporty at Monterey Peninsula airport - Is that a good or bad plan?

2 - Anyone have a plan for Wednesday?

See you there. Geoff
Quote 0 0
Rogala
riozilla wrote:

I am driving up from LA on Monday morning for a few days of relaxing in Big Sur, then rolling into Casa Munras on Thursday - Sunday with my wife Melinda.  We will have our DB9 and I am looking forward to meeting more AM owners / fans.

I am staying in Big Sur at the Ventanna Inn all week starting tomorrow night.  Where you staying while in Big Sur ??
Quote 0 0
riozilla
I am at Ventana Inn as well.  Arrive today (Monday) after 4pm or so.  Lets definitely try and say hello - will you have an Aston or are you flying in from somewhere?

If you see me, my name is Rio and I am caucasian - 31 years old, 6 feet tall with head mostly shaved.  would give you my cell number but there is no reception - so you can ask for me at the Ventana front desk if you'd like.

Here is a pic of me from the last time I was in Big Sur with my DB9 in December 06 and some others I took in the Ventana parking lot of my car and the beautiful sign.

Quote 0 0
cwallace1309
geofro wrote:

1- Have not booked a hire car yet - hoping to pick up something sporty at Monterey Peninsula airport - Is that a good or bad plan?

I would book Geoff.  Monterey is very busy that week.  Even SFO runs out of rental cars somtimes.

Hope to see you there.

Craig
Quote 0 0
TerryO
John Purser wrote:

Coming in via San Francisco on Thursday afternoon and hope to be at te Casa Munras. The Aquarium dinner has sold very well, still a few tickets left. Look forward to meeting many of the Forum in person.

We have reservations for the Aquarium dinner Friday evening. But we need to confirm time and dress.

Is it still scheduled for 6:00 PM?

Is the dress "jacket & tie"?

Thanks.

Terry & Jan
Quote 0 0
PRanucci
Dinner is at 7:00, dress is coat and tie. Parallel attire for ladies. at least that's what it says in the AM quarterly.
Heading up Wednesday morning, who is going to Carmel to see the Pebble Beach tour?
Quote 0 0
Rogala
geofro wrote:

2 - Anyone have a plan for Wednesday?

See you there. Geoff

Hate to say this, but (when I arrived yesterday) I got the last Shelby convertible in either San Francisco, San Jose, or Monterey and it was a NIGHTMARE to get it from Hertz even though I booked it 3 weeks ago when I changed my mind about bringing my Aston from Texas.

They had to give me another car in San Jose and then have me drive it down to Monterey to pick up the Mustang...a LOT of work.

If you want something sporty, you need to book it NOW !!!!!!!!  They are really sold out except for Corvettes in San Jose.
Quote 0 0
Rogala
riozilla wrote:

I am at Ventana Inn as well.  Arrive today (Monday) after 4pm or so.  Lets definitely try and say hello - will you have an Aston or are you flying in from somewhere?

If you see me, my name is Rio and I am caucasian - 31 years old, 6 feet tall with head mostly shaved.  would give you my cell number but there is no reception - so you can ask for me at the Ventana front desk if you'd like.

Here is a pic of me from the last time I was in Big Sur with my DB9 in December 06 and some others I took in the Ventana parking lot of my car and the beautiful sign.

You have good taste...LOL !!!!!!!!  ;D

Small world.  I am John and am here with my wife Katie.  See you shortly.  We are driving the Shelby convertible which is parked in the lower lot.

Quote 0 0
augkuo
this is from the latest Vantage Point -

Thursday Aug 16
5-7pm Casa Munras welcome BBQ at Larry Davis' room (# BYOL and pick up race tickets and coral passes

Friday Aug 17
8:45am-5pm Practice races at Laguna Seca and shopping in Carmel
9:30am-5pm Concourso Italiano at Black Horse Golf Course
6:00pm-11pm Sports Car Auction at Doubletree Hotel - view cars after 9AM
5:30pm-6:30pm Champagne party at Casa  Munras parking lot outside room #141
7:00pm-11:00pm Banquet dinner at Monterey Aquarium

Sat Aug 18
9:00-11:55am Race day at the track. Warm up sessions by race group
11:45-12:45pm - Corral lunch at 12pm.  Annual members meeting with results of elections
11:55-12:25pm VIP and American Specials Parade laps
1:00-4:15pm Races groups 1-7 (Pre 1935 to
6:00-11:00pm Sports Car Auction at Doubletree Hotel - view cars after 9AM

Sunday Aug 19
8:45am-5pm Races at the track
10:30am - 4:30pm Annual Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance featuring Aston Martin
Quote 0 0