V12 Vanquish
I've just received my regular AMOC newsletter and there's an advert of MPH06 Classic (2-5 November).

I wander if it's worth visiting? Any idea what models will be on AMOC display?
Quote 0 0
TVJL
My understanding is that the Club has been offered 5 places. It seems that 3 places will be filled each with a Feltham, NP and Gaydon product respectively, 1 with A3, and the final slot with something special.

BTW, I believe that a few more volunteers are still required to help man the Club stand. Come on guys - if you are going to be there anyway, how about donating an hour or so of your time to help boost our profile?
Quote 0 0
Webby

http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_extcalendar&Itemid=283&extmode=view&extid=256
Quote 0 0
John Purser
TVJL wrote:

My understanding is that the Club has been offered 5 places. It seems that 3 places will be filled each with a Feltham, NP and Gaydon product respectively, 1 with A3, and the final slot with something special.

BTW, I believe that a few more volunteers are still required to help man the Club stand. Come on guys - if you are going to be there anyway, how about donating an hour or so of your time to help boost our profile?

Well, something like that.
We have a carpeted space on the balcony (roughly 20 .0m x 10.0m, but with a damn great column in the centre) on which we think we can comfortably place 5 cars and a First Choice coffee maker and some chairs and information for visitors - but the commitment we would like is time from members to lend a hand on the setting up as well as acting as hosts (we did try for Kinga Phillips but she wasn't free - in either sense).
A3, for example, has to be trailered to Earls Court, and then pushed into the lift and then pushed into place. Other cars can be driven into place, but some pairs of hands would be useful, if you can take time off to help.
One job is just to be on the stand and prevent the somewhat supercharged stand-builders around about getting paint onto our carpet and that sort of thing. We also have to strip out on the Sunday evening and it is essential to do this quickly - valuable cars are vulnerable.
If you can let TVJL know what times you are available from the Thursday to the Sunday as humper or host or both, it would be very helpful.
I've asked for an allocation of free tickets for the stage show hosted thoughout the show by one J Clarkson so they may perhaps be a small carrot.
PS THe something special mentioned is a complete body-off rebuild of a DB6 by a team of marque experts during the course of the show. The donor of the car may be well known to us. Damn, it's not April 1st 
Quote 0 0
annereed
I've emailed PR at the Club to say I could help on the friday if not enough volunteers.  Not sure if it has been received as not had a reply.

Anne
Quote 0 0