Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
passiontolive

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #1 
This Thursday, 24 Feb., I'm having an exhibit of my photography at Peacock Cafe in Georgetown in Washington, DC. The restaurant secured a permit for the night to block off the parking on the street for the exhibit and the Lamborghini and Aston Martin clubs among others are coming. We are going to be lining the street with exotics. So far the car list attending is:

1 - Aston Martin DBS
2 - Aston Martin Vanquish S
2 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage
1 - Aston Martin Rapide
1 - Ferrari Dino
1 - Ferrari 355 Spider
1 - Lamborghini white-on-white 25th anniversary Countach (one of only 7 in world left)
1 - Lamborghini Gallardo Nera (#12 of 185 made and one of 60 in US)

If you want to attend and bring your car, please let me know and I'll make sure we have a spot for you. This will be one of the first gatherings as we fight our way to the beginning of the car season. Details on the exhibit are below.

Hope to see some people from the forum there. The Facebook event link is below. :-)

Join us at Peacock Cafe as we celebrate the raw beauty of women in the photographic vision of Ben's passiontolive photography from his "Sunday Sessions" series.

Moved by the intense and unfiltered state of female subjects, his "Sunday Sessions" series explores their depth while moving past popular concepts of what is "beautiful". Unscripted and never posed his shoots are a dynamic collaboration between himself and the subjects who open themselves up. This emotional exposure then drives his shooting much like a journalist capturing an event unfolding before them. Each photograph captures a glimpse into the subjects being revealing a beauty and strength in vulnerability. “There is a unique and piercing beauty in the raw and pure," he said. "The process and intensity of the photographs is what drives me. It's not about everyone liking every photograph but rather one person having a deep connection with just one."

About eight years ago while seeking a creative outlet, Ben found his eye as a photographer and shot the first collection in the "Sunday Sessions" series. The exhibit will feature work from throughout its evolution.

Come and enjoy an evening of great ambiance with the artist at Peacock Cafe in the company of great people, DJ Neekola on the decks and the ability to view the "Sunday Sessions" series in person. Peacock will be serving light hors d'ouvres and specially priced cocktails.

The Facebook event link is Login | Facebook

My public artist page on Facebook where you can see more of my work is http://www.facebook.com/passiontolive#!/pages/PassionToLive/165124103525644
DC

AMOC Guest
Reply with quote  #2 
I would have like to have attended your event, I haven't been to a gallery opening type event in eons and it would have been fun to check out the heavy metal! I hope it went well, it sounds great--next time for sure!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.