Fay Show full post »
Rich5ltr
v12 volante man wrote:
The worse part was that all the bottles of champers had been consumed on the AMOC stand by 0905am!!!!!!
Have you finally seen the light and joined the club then Brendan?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
asington
I turned up at 1030hrs and stayed until after 6pm. Still had to pay the £12 parking though. Better than being in London at £40/day! Dined at The Hilton with friends from Austria and Hungary and finally got home at midnight. The worst part of the trip was the drive from Stafford to Manchester on the M6 - horrific rainstorm and frightening spray from lorries. The show was phenomenal and met many great people. Fortunately didn't take the Aston! Bought some well-priced microfibre cloths and a wheel brush that I trust will be the answer to cleaning the wheels 'in situ'.
Quote 0 0
annereed
v12 volante man wrote:

The worse part was that all the bottles of champers had been consumed on the AMOC stand by 0905am!!!!!! LOL.  Funny that!!!!!

I take it they were the display bottles that we show to support our Taittinger sponsors

Anne
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

Have you finally seen the light and joined the club then Brendan?

Errr No Rich!!!!

Andrew, shame we did not bump into each other and yes it was awful weather outside. Glad you got home safe though and had a good time. A wise move not bringing your Aston after what some idiot did to it last time.

Anne, So your sponsors supply you with empty bottles then??? Very strange indeed.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I went yesterday for the day, my first time, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Lots of fabulous cars. No problem getting in and out, parking etc. I'll post a few pictures later.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
John Purser
v12 volante man wrote:

Anne, So your sponsors supply you with empty bottles then??? Very strange indeed.

Err, not at all, they provide us a set of bottles for display purposes, plus a cooler, badged glasses, aprons for staff serving it
- all the normal things associated with a professional approach..
We get a certain amount of wine free of charge, and some we pay for.
Curiosity satisfied, I hope ?
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John Purser wrote:

Err, not at all, they provide us a set of bottles for display purposes, plus a cooler, badged glasses, aprons for staff serving it
- all the normal things associated with a professional approach..
We get a certain amount of wine free of charge, and some we pay for.
Curiosity satisfied, I hope ?

So none of it was any use then as there was NOTHING in the bottles to serve!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Sadly peoples curiosity for the size of the bottles made them more appealing than the cars at times.

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
99hjhm wrote:

Sadly peoples curiosity for the size of the bottles made them more appealing than the cars at times.

After drinking that lot they would not be able to see anyway or stand!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
Fay
v12 volante man wrote:

After drinking that lot they would not be able to see anyway or stand!!!! LOL

I am sure that Area 5 members and others who were peopling the stand would have gladly taken up the challenge. This would of course been entirely to uphold our reputation.
Fay
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
A few pictures (forgive the quality)

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Seeing that Vauxhall SRV Prototype takes me back to when I was about 12 in 1968. As an initiative to encourage young designers Vauxhall set up something called the Vauxhall craftsman's Guild which ran a competition through schools for children to design the car of the future. At our school we were fortunate to have a teacher interested in getting a group of us together to enter this and it was well supported by Vauxhall. I remember we had to submit design drawings after which we received wheels in approx 1:12 scale to us on our wooden or clay models. My design had a rear transverse engine and a central single driver's seat centrally positioned. This allowed an large L shaped corner suite in the rear to seat 5 people in comfort! It used 4 wheels but in a diamond shape, rather like a 3 wheeler with a 4th central rear wheel located further back. Drive was to all 3 rear wheels for added traction. It also had a huge gullwing style door in the passenger side only preventing people alighting into oncoming traffic (safety minded you see) - I was trying to impress the judges but never got to the finals in Luton, maybe that was a blessing? I was only 12 after all. !
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Great pictures. Thanks.

Regards,
Quote 0 0