Fay
Ideas for next year everyone

It is the 100 year anniversary of Aston Martin. (no thread hijack of anniversary date discussion please) .

For starters..........- 100 years of passion- 10 decades of excellence -every mile pure pleasure . What can you suggest?

We are looking for stand ideas, special car offers, anniversary logo sound bites. Anything that you can contribute or suggest let me know.

If you prefer to PM me then please do so.

I await to deluged 

Fay
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Everyone will have thought of the one most obvious theme. I know it is a bit naff but it is the reason that Aston Martin is one of the most recognized brands in the world. You could get some beautiful classic cars on the stand  without Bruno worrying too much about the insurance.

I thought it must be mentioned. Just a thought.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Not me who worries about insurance, AMOC does !
Quote 0 0
Fay
duncan_wd wrote:

Everyone will have thought of the one most obvious theme. I know it is a bit naff but it is the reason that Aston Martin is one of the most recognized brands in the world. You could get some beautiful classic cars on the stand without Bruno worrying too much about the insurance.

I thought it must be mentioned. Just a thought.

We actually tried to get the (or one of the) damaged cars used in the films- like that seen at the Bond exhibition at Beauieu but all the cars are out on promotion or being filmed this year so there was not a chance this year being the 50th anniversary.
Fay
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
Just spotted this on youtube

#

The launch of the a new Ford using holograms.  I know nothing of the technology involved but if you could find an enthusiastic Geek perhaps it would be a good way to portray all the cars through the years without the hassle of needing more space or insurance.  I would have thought that Ford may be a good one to ask for some advice for a start given their involvement in the past.
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Bruno I feel like I'm poking an open wound! I shant mention Insurance again.
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
migtig
If the  DB5 or DB4 GT are the classic cars now, why not start to display , if not by cars, but by large posters around the 2013 stand the next classics to come DB7 i6, Vantage and GT models. All of interest and a positive draw to get more people looking at AMOC and becoming members !  Dave
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
To be honest there's some interesting cars and artefacts in the barn. One could create a stunning display with some of that. The Ulster, the Nimrod the static engine display even David Browns desk. There are really interesting display panels there too. One could even get one of these oak car port building type companies to chip in (see what I did there) and build a scaled down barn to stage it around. I can see it now
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
99hjhm
cba
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
#ws

A bit more research finds three Geeks!
What about making a mock-up of a DBR1 cockpit and doing a virtual Le Mans 1959 Victory or a DB5 round the Ring? It is a way at least to hear the sounds of the engines
Newport Pagnell factory tour, Concours events the possibilities seems endless.
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Or a DB2 at full chat around Spa ?, not just any old DB2 though, or the same car at Le Mans pulling 7000 in top or more - 150+ mph
Quote 0 0
jon7cda
I'm sure I saw a company making a 1 to 1 scale Airfix kit type of thing of a DBR! with all the bits stuck on a frame. If anyone recalls who it was it would make agreat display piece and not take much floor area.

Jonathan M
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
Bruno wrote:

Or a DB2 at full chat around Spa ?, not just any old DB2 though, or the same car at Le Mans pulling 7000 in top or more - 150+ mph

Could even ask Sir Stirling to re-live his finest moments on the Matrix!
Quote 0 0
jdp298
I think something more tangible to real people. First get a 4GT, or 5, or V8 racer, something very real with a very real sound and the all-important 'feel'.  Put it on a rolling road, then get the imersivetech boys in to have a full simulation screen around it. You start the car, it actually starts and makes a filthy great noise. You accelerate, it accelerates. Hills etc can be fed into the rolling road with load management. You'd need to some way of steering too, so maybe pads on the floor to measure the real turning moment.

You end up driving La Sarthe in the real car, making the real noises. It's probably not been done before, so someone like Dastek who make rolling roads are probably the people to start with.

Maximum impact, maximum difficulty, but you might even get someone like the gaget show or Stephen Fry wanting to do some prime TV on the subject. What's wrong with a bit of ambition?
Quote 0 0
Bruno
Whats the budget, 50k or 100k
Quote 0 0
jdp298
Kind of depends on the companies involved. With the right exposure they might invest in it as a technology demonstrator. We might have to give it back afterwards but I don't see that as too much of a hardship if we didn't pay for it.

Go on, someone call my bluff; I'd love to start causing trouble on this.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Simulators, yes, great idea. Mclaren have one with an " F1 car" at Brooklands.
A real car rigged with an electric drive motor in place of the propshaft is feasible. Plus some loud speakers ?

But starting real internal combustion engines in the exhibition halls is a complete no-go area, sadly. 'Elf'n'safety rule. Their electricians can do the most dodgy wiring (one trick was to drape a muslin ceiling over hot spotlights and turn off the smoke detectors to solve the problem) but if a stand owner does anything without permission, all hell can break loose.

You can do it in the carpark, but that is not appealing in November, even in a tent.

Indoor scrambling and rallycross are in a different league and take an awful lot of planning.
Keep the ideas coming - I'm all for ambition.
That's how I got Paul Drayson to put Club and Trust badges on his Le Mans car a few years ago.

The budget is well north of 100k, Bruno.
In pence.
Quote 0 0