sprevett
Classic Car Journeys, I note, are running a little jaunt down through Europe this September, ending up at the mountain-top restaurant that was Piz Gloria...which would be a nice run in the DBS....if any of you other DBS/DBSV8 types fancy a more exotic gathering than Gaydon this year then this could be it! Prices look reasonable and who knows, we might be able to get a group discount if a few of us are up for it? I would be pleased to co-ordinate if there is enough interest.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
I have looked at there site,& would be very interested! ;D
Quote 0 0
williamp
Will Diana Rigg be tied up and waiting for us??
Quote 0 0
sprevett
Will if that's what it takes to get you along I'll see if she's available - but bear in mind she's old enough to be your grannie now... still if that's your thing  ;D
Quote 0 0
Rogala
I am interested, but would be coming from the USA.  The big question is: How would I get my car over and ready for the trip ??

I actually spoke to another DBS owner today from California who is in the process of converting his DBS to an OHMSS copy...he is interested as well.  I am going to contact the heads of USA East and West with this as well to see if I can raise some more US interest...

BTW, when is the official OHMSS celebration involving Aston Martin or the club, etc. ??  Is there one even planned ??
Quote 0 0
empereur
I am also interested, and would be joining Rogala from the USA. maybe we could also bring a DB5 for the Goldfinger scenes, and round up a Cougar and Mustang for the OHMSS and GF, respectively!

Let's get some AMOC sponsorship together, and join the Ford and Mercury Owners Clubs for a real OHMSS and GF authentic event!
Quote 0 0
sprevett
what have I done...I've created a monster!

I'll contact the organiser and see if we can co-ordinate all the global interest! back soon....
Quote 0 0
sprevett
Update:

spoke to the organiser today - he is finalising the trip by mid-Feb and would be happy to accomodate a small AMOC contingent but numbers are limited so serious bookers will need to firm up in Feb I would guess. He is going to contact me with more info in a couple of weeks time to pass on, so watch this space. In th meantime I suggest that interested parties should send me a message with some basic info like car, number of adults, and departure point so that I can collate a list for him.

steve
Quote 0 0
Rogala
After all my initial enthusiasm, I may have a problem...  :-[  :-\  :'(

Turns out that this is the same week as the Walker Cup here in the USA, and one of good friends is heavily involved...I am supposed to be there to root them on, etc.

I am checking into it all now to explore my options...
Quote 0 0
sprevett
dear all

organiser chap has now confirmed itinerary, price and even a route- I have it all on an email and there's an update on his website too.

I can forward the email to anyone else still interested.
Quote 0 0
Rogala
As of this weekend, I am now definitely out due to that other commitment.  :'(

Very sad as it would have actually been the perfect trip....
Quote 0 0