Webby Show full post »
mcatlin
Take a picnic like most other people?

Glad you had a good day.
Quote 0 0
Russell
V12 MCC wrote:

Take a picnic like most other people?
i got the bacon sandwhich into the flask but then couldnt get them out. so was hungry all day
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Should I ask where you put the coffee?
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Russell,fit a towbar on the Virage and sneak into with a bacon butty wagon............pay for the petrol/repairs due for attending the day.... 
Quote 0 0
holllandn
Just got home. Lovely day and very well organised. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Russell
Mike Smith wrote:

Russell,fit a towbar on the Virage and sneak into with a bacon butty wagon............pay for the petrol/repairs due for attending the day.... 
im in sales mike and we all know those that are, constantly look for opportunities. i like your thinking.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Happy to help...only commission I require is free butties/coffees on the day......
Bit of advice.....do weird flavours like 'apple and pork' on the sausage butties....you can charge double then cos people think they are posher......
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Mike Smith wrote:

Happy to help...only commission I require is free butties/coffees on the day......
Bit of advice.....do weird flavours like 'apple and pork' on the sausage butties....you can charge double then cos people think they are posher......
Another bit of advice but more marketing than sales, sausages come in sarnie's it's bacon what goes in butties... the public like a bit of alliteration.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
vrooom
Good to appeal to all markets there Rich,however if the concours relocated to anyway near Manchester it's a butty and chips are available with gravy not pickled eggs...
Don't some southerners say bacon sarnies as well?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The concours won't go anywhere near manchester. Tne CoM thinks the M1 stops at Watford.
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
V12 MCC wrote:

The concours won't go anywhere near manchester. Tne CoM thinks the M1 stops at Watford.
I'm sure that I drove past Watford en-route to Chatsworth a couple of years back ???
Quote 0 0
vrooom
How do they get to Newport Pagnall then? 
Quote 0 0
Webby
Mike Smith wrote:

How do they get to Newport Pagnall then? 

Naughty boy, You're talking about Watford in North London and Martin is referring to Watford Gap, much further north of London and Newport Pagnell.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
David Lewington wrote:

I'm sure that I drove past Watford en-route to Chatsworth a couple of years back ???
All the way to Derbyshire on the M1? Did you have extra oxygen in the car?
Quote 0 0
Russell
without causing an outcry and bearing in mind im pretty new but do we go north at all.
i know its cold, the food shite and no one knows what the heck anyone is saying, the hotels have outside toilets and i might have to marry my sister but i am up right for it.
where in the north did we get ever to ever get to as we all have snow shoes and sat nav and they know how to drink and the women dont get what no is.

ok i am shallow and like a good time and they are all as funny as F up there so when can we go.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
He said Watford not Watford Gap.......I know the cock-----er------nees say Watford Gap dancing from foot to foot singing their words:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees gawin to Waaaatford Gap he is,my old maan's adustbin etc
Russells obviously been up North before,description is uncanny......
However you jellied eel eating 'alwight mate' indoor toliet using softies don't have an airline like this do you?

Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Nick H wrote:

Just got home. Lovely day and very well organised. Thanks.
And we got to see 'our' old car Nick...She looked lovely...I feel so much better for having seen the Old Girl again...

RC
Quote 0 0
holllandn
RCVantage wrote:

And we got to see 'our' old car Nick...She looked lovely...I feel so much better for having seen the Old Girl again...

RC
Yes, I must say it was a very pleasant surprise. She was my first Aston bought back in 1995. I was under 30 years old at the time (just) and the car needed to be 10 years old or more to get 'future classic' insurance which was all I could afford. I should have kept it in hindsight but there you go. Plenty of things I would have done or not with hindsight!
Quote 0 0