Lord Rowley
Good morning Ladies & Gentlemen
What a fabulous weekend we all had at "base-camp Woburn" as we plan for our autumnal expedition - even further north than Woburn - BEYOND the Satanic Mills of the North to the land of Harry Potter and R.M.S. Olympic.

After meeting some Northern People (and surviving the experience) over dinner in the Sculpture Gallery and again in the glorious sunshine for light lunch yesterday, we feel that, provided we go prepared with a few beads, shiny trinkets and whippet food, we may yet make it back to the leafy glades and tranquil Nirvana that are The Essex Lowlands - a place where it is de rigeur to wear pink shirts and jackets made from deckchair fabric. 

At least if we do get found out Up There and become human sacrifices, our mortal remains will be in good hands with "Come Die With Me - funereal services and talented embalmers".

We understand some people in Northumberland even eat in the trees so we have now co-opted ourselves into this adventure too.

Now that we know Commander Tim will be leading a proposed Task Force, I must say The Flooze and I feel safer than journeying alone and will entrust our safety to him and the AMOC Diplomatic Protection Group for our struggle up the latitudes.

Looking forward to continuing our jolly japing in September and THANK YOU ALL so much for making Woburn Concours Dinner on Saturday so much fun and setting the tone for Sunday in the sun and eventually The Autumn Concours.

The Lord Rowley & Consort Lady Flooze.
Quote 0 0
asington
Your Gracious Lordship,

I bring you greetings from the Northern climes and trust that you will enjoy your summer in the South.

In view of your pending travels into the unknown wastes north of The M25 car park, I would warn you that there are brigands and thieves a-plenty who will gladly take your hard earned groats and (with a bit of luck) ravage your good lady at the same time!

Whilst she may appreciate such attentions, I would point out that there are some very nasty diseases in circulation up here which would mean any further contact by your Lordship could result in a very nasty dose of something quite unexpected.

However we have found that once infected, we use a large syringe filled with mercury and squirt it up your todger. Whilst it sounds a little unpleasant, it is in fact horrendous to administer and in fact quite useless for the acquired ailment - but it does give us northern tykes immense satisfaction in administering it!!

Do prepare yourself for your exciting travels and make sure your personal matters are all in order as there is a more-than even chance you will never see the south again!!
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
Good evening my Lord and Lady
It was great to meet you on Saturday evening and again on Sunday.
We too had a fabulous night, as we said we've met some very nice people at these events.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and once we got the translations sorted, it was fantastic., thought you must have done coming back for seconds on Sunday.
It was a wrate  treat for us with table cloths and knives and forks and stuff, proper grand.
I know you will have a good time at Alnwick, I have already been in touch with border patrol, so they know you're coming and have arranged for supplies of flat caps and hay band to be sent down for your whippets and ferrets, so you'll blend in no problem(especially on the beach at Scarborough !)
I will speak with Tim and see if on your visit through Yorkshire we can arrange a get together.
It will be good to see you again.
Speak soon.
Anthony & Yvette

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
asington wrote:

... use a large syringe filled with mercury and squirt it up your todger.

That would certainly add weight to the situation.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Going off on a tangent on this one but how many people came down from the North for this event?  I ask because instead of heading back to Devon we went to see my Dad in Lancashire.  We left just after the prize giving and thought we would have an interesting run up the M1/M6 either overtaking or being overtaken by some other Astons!  We cannot believe that we only saw one  - a beautiful DB6 from the display! What a shame the occupants ignored or waves to them
Quote 0 0
ED50
Ian,

Did you see Makov12v Phil and his mate Bob from the other channel as they were down from Lancashire.

They did make me laugh with their little wooden clogs scraping across the gravel with their meat pie's in hand…...

Phil's the guy that runs the V12 Vantage Register with great enthusiasm.
Quote 0 0
anthonyoade
IanV12VR wrote:

Going off on a tangent on this one but how many people came down from the North for this event?  I ask because instead of heading back to Devon we went to see my Dad in Lancashire.  We left just after the prize giving and thought we would have an interesting run up the M1/M6 either overtaking or being overtaken by some other Astons!  We cannot believe that we only saw one  - a beautiful DB6 from the display! What a shame the occupants ignored or waves to them
i know there were 10 from Area 6 with 4 cars
Quote 0 0
XXJ
IanV12VR wrote:

We ventured down from the Northern hinterlands for the weekend and had an excellent time.
Like you travelled back up the M1/M6 and saw one light blue modern aston.
Mike
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
That could have been us. Did it look anything like this?
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
For a SAFT Southerner like me, the "administration" of mercury in that manner sounds quite alluring. 😜 Perchance, I'll suggest we all disguise ourselves in that way at our next Area Meeting - ready for ye bigge pushe in September.

Lady Flooze is quite tittilated by the thought of meeting what she refers to as "some REAL men for once" ! 😱

Pleased to see our Northern Buddies enjoyed themselves, when so many Moaning Minnys have appeared on the Woburn thread !

We've looked up the Tree House and it looks great and are trying to decide whether we come with Tim's Expeditionary Force, or approach by stealth as per the late Lord Rowley Snr's Special Boat Squadron training . 👥

If the latter, tell Gorgeous George, I won't be wearing the deckchair.. So he won't be able to mak it n tak it 😜
Over & out.
Quote 0 0
XXJ
IanV12VR wrote:

That could have been us. Did it look anything like this?

Exactly.

You probably didn't see us as there was a significant difference in speed as you were overtaking us!

In fairness we were making slower than normal progress as still recovering from the shock of gaining an unexpected 3rd in class.

Mike
Quote 0 0
asington
Went down the M1 but sensibly decided not to return that way - 50 miles at 50mph was just too frustrating to consider, so used the M40 on Monday afternoon after a brief visit to Bicester Outlet Village. I did spy a Vantage (?) on the hard shoulder of the M6 north of the toll road - not sure if it was a 'failure to proceed' or had been in convoy with another car and both had stopped for some reason or another. Hope all was OK? Great driving with the hood down in both directions!
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Ian,
Did your Young Lady have a bag with a picture of that fabulous Vantage on it ?
L.R.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
No, I wish I had seen that!
Quote 0 0
atlast313
Then thou can Mach us tea our kid.
Snobbery is snobbery but to many insults is ignorance.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Ian, that's odd.
I bought Lady Rowley one of the commemorative DB6 bags (nearest we'll get to one 😀 as we had seen a lady with a light blue car pictured on it near the Gaydon display and assumed they were made to order.
The shop Sales Executive said that one was a one off, commissioned by a lady from an Italian company that subsequently went bust.
I assumed it was your Vantage on the bag so your good lady.
Well I never !
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Another opportunity missed!  Perhaps I could have charged them £40 for using a picture of our car 😉
Quote 0 0