geewizzpip
The usual array of stunning cars at our Le Mans hotel.

A little drier than camping this year!!!
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
geewizzpip wrote:

This is always the case, those that have to drive back and forth must stay dry all day. Those that only need stagger the 2 minutes from the Champagne bar were well oiled all day.

Then again driving a Virage most trips home are on the back of a recovery vehichle so you may as well soak it up. Now Annie is safely home in one piece I feel far safer making cracks like that.
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I hope the two damp patches under the Lambo are water.. 
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
Russell
dont believe it, tim cuts me out the midnight champagne bar get together picture apart from an arm and a bit of foot and in this one i get a back wheel only.
im wondering if i actually exist.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Dixy, your comments at the champagne bar about Vantage reliability were only said I seem to remember with fingers crossed!!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Who owned the Fiat?
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
The photograph of the Vanquish gallantly allowing for some extra room for its two senior brethren by mounting the kerb is superb.
Quote 0 0
Russell
yes we breathed out when we first parked.
Quote 0 0
Dutch V8
Russell wrote:

dont believe it, tim cuts me out the midnight champagne bar get together picture apart from an arm and a bit of foot and in this one i get a back wheel only.
im wondering if i actually exist.

... you are just a figment of our imaginations !!! ;D
Quote 0 0
Russell
yeah i was suddenly wondering if one of my spiderman super powers was invisibility. that would fit the pattern wouldnt it.
the pictures are a shame as maybe no one else can see the cars either. we workied it out to maybe two million quid. the countach was a dream 8,000 miles.
the exhaust was amazing and what was wierd was the noise got louder the further away it went. no idea how that worked.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
OK, OK you lot.  Here they are again, but smaller.
You all really do need to invest in 21" monitors.

Quote 0 0
Webby
Now the original pictures are smaller!  >
Quote 0 0
Tim M
At least I can see them all now. 
Quote 0 0
williamp
Bit rich Dixy, considering that oil leak we found under your car. And when I parked your V8 Vantage there was the definently the smell of a burning clutch (does everyone know about the valet parking at Houx? Just bring your Aston in and let us park it for you...)

Dixy wrote:

geewizzpip wrote:

This is always the case, those that have to drive back and forth must stay dry all day. Those that only need stagger the 2 minutes from the Champagne bar were well oiled all day.

Then again driving a Virage most trips home are on the back of a recovery vehichle so you may as well soak it up. Now Annie is safely home in one piece I feel far safer making cracks like that.
Quote 0 0
Russell
much better can see all the cars now. oooh yummy
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Where was the hotel?  Looks like it needed a DBS V8 in the car park to add some class
Quote 0 0
Russell
we had the pleasure of a lovely V8 vantage X pack (i think) in dark blue but its parked over to the right and its not in the picture which is a shame.  a dbs would indeed have added some class to the proceedings.
not a clue where the hotel was all i did was follow geewizzpips exhausts all the way there until his brake lights came on hard.
unreal place though and the other lads were a good laugh.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
how close to the circuit is it?

is food anygood?

Quote 0 0
Russell
it was about an hour drive on fabulous roads and that was the great thing about the hotel the food was really top draw couldnt fault it and a huge wine cellar. both clealry the attraction. rooms simple but ok right up to really nice suites.
the grand prix guys pretty much take the thing over.  spent most of the time in the car park with a beer in my hand which seemed to be the thing to do. i am lambo nut as well and got to sit in a couple of those so sweet, everyone just opens their cars up and you all have swap sitting in whatever, no one cares. two stunning other brits an E type and healey 3000
i went as a guest of geewizzpip keith and had a great time
Quote 0 0