Rogala
The Red River chapter of the AMOC held a track day yesterday in conjunction with the Ferrari, Lotus, Porsche, BMW and clubs. 

We had 9 Astons, 4 Lotuses, 4 Porsches and 3 BMWs.

We also had a group of very experienced drivers from Houston who showed up with Mustangs...and would you believe they might have been the fastest guys out there ??   

Photos are here: http://gallery.me.com/pangea#100300

Video is here:

Thanks to AMOC Section West member Brian Greenstone for his photography and video skills !!!
Quote 0 0
inforapound
Rogala:

Thanks for posting the pictures and video of your track day.  It looked like a good day. 

I'd like to do this, too, but I won't be able to if I can't find insurance that will cover me once the car is on a  track.  Who did you or any of the other 8 Aston drivers use?  If the insurance was for the event coverage only and not part of your year-round insurance, can you tell me what it costs?  I'm also in the US.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Rogala
We "risked it"...as no insurance will cover track time as far as I know...we did no passing, just fast conering in a single file manner with and without instructors.

We actually had to buy liability insurance to protect the track !!!
Quote 0 0
kiwitrev
inforapound wrote:

Rogala:

Thanks for posting the pictures and video of your track day.  It looked like a good day. 

I'd like to do this, too, but I won't be able to if I can't find insurance that will cover me once the car is on a  track.  Who did you or any of the other 8 Aston drivers use?  If the insurance was for the event coverage only and not part of your year-round insurance, can you tell me what it costs?  I'm also in the US.

Thanks
i started doing this type of thing 8 years ago with my GTD40 and this is how most insurance covers on track
first the event must not be a "race" no offical timing or performance based prizes
you can expect to be covered the first time you make a claim but not a second time
most that have a minor oops on track dont talk to insurance unless you really cant afford the damage to your or the other car
who ever arranged the event probably will ban you for life if you do hit another car
Trevor Candler
Quote 0 0
lrgridley
Be careful because insurance companies have gotten a lot tougher about this with some actually stating in the policy that ANY on track accident is not covered.  You may be covered in the paddock but not always on the track itself.  The days of liberal coverage for "Driver's Education" events is rapidly disappearing so check your current, specific policy and read all the fine print as some of the no DE coverage language has snuck into policies at renewal.
Quote 0 0