atomic
The forum search facility does not respond to the V&V input. Do we know when the next prewar meets are? Do not seem to be readily advertised? There was mention in AM news recently but no other data?
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I moved this to events as that seems the central part of your query. V&V events aren't entered into the calendar as far as I can see, and I will undertake to make sure that happens from now on. I believe you are right that the events should be given more prominence in the AMN calendar. Back issues of the V&V Newsletter are here. We're still waiting to upload the last one - we rely on electronic copies being provided, especially now the format has changed to a stapled magazine style, as scanning becomes difficult. The best way to ensure a copy on time is to write to Christopher Scott McKirdy and ask to be put on the mailing list. The next gathering is this weekend, centred around the VSCC meeting at Prescott. There is a dinner on the Saturday night, but I don't have the details to hand, I think it was mentioned in the AM News.
Quote 0 0
atomic
Thanks for your comments and actions.

The impression i have is that the V&V news sheet is separately funded by Christopher S-M  and has been mainly for club and non club members who race with a circulation list not totally inclusive of all prewar owners.but nevertheless he is to be  congratulated for his efforts and enthusiasm

I have probably owned more pre war cars than most and have competed at world class concours events around the world and didnt know of its existence until about 9 months ago.  At the AGM a new enthusiast knew nothing of it and in fact I have seen no data either about the silverstone classic or prescott vis a vis prewar groups except for a one liner .  I cant believe this is helpful to many newer members and those not computer literate.  I fear this group of members will drift towards the vscc . Personally having been a loyal AMOC club member for a long and enjoyable time  I have concerns  Regards
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Christopher does receive some help from the AMOC, but the bulk of the work is his. I agree it deserves more exposure. He remains very committed to the Club, and really began the newsletter as an attempt to stop the drift to the VSCC that you (and I) are concerned about. The newsletter does go out to non-members, but also promotes Club events to them and does seem to be succeeding in getting people together. There has been a greater focus just on racing in the past but in the last two years a few good social events have been put together as well.   
Quote 0 0
Webby
I think this underlines my argument that the club should be organised on model lines as this forum is, enabling enthusiasts for a particular model or era to organise events, trade information etcetera.
Quote 0 0