scampbird
Newbie question ... There's a Silverstone AMOC race meeting at the end of the month, and I was thinking of spectating. Do I need to book this/buy tickets? 

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Tim M
No, you can get them at the gate.
Quote 1 0
GaryU_2
Ring HQ they sometimes have free spare tickets
Quote 1 0
Thibaut
I am looking forward to the Silverstone AMOC racing event, especially when we get to do a few laps over lunch time !

Between goodwood and the Concours in Cornwall this will be a busy month of september...
Quote 1 0
scampbird
ForumMaster wrote:
Ring HQ they sometimes have free spare tickets

Is that different to getting them on the gate as per earlier reply? 
Quote 0 0
Anne
You can buy tickets online if you prefer - £10

Here is the link, which:

- takes you to the Silverstone booking page
- has the timetable for the day
- shows which Hospitality Suite the Club will be providing complimentary tea/coffee/squash - 2A Brooklands Suite (tall grey building to the right of the BRDC building)
- will have a Paddock plan showing where the Club Aston parking is

It is worth bringing your Membership card with you, as there will be security at the door of the building and sometimes they are a little keen on checking them.

Anne
Quote 1 0
scampbird
Anne wrote:
You can buy tickets online if you prefer - £10

Here is the link, which:

- takes you to the Silverstone booking page
- has the timetable for the day
- shows which Hospitality Suite the Club will be providing complimentary tea/coffee/squash - 2A Brooklands Suite (tall grey building to the right of the BRDC building)
- will have a Paddock plan showing where the Club Aston parking is

It is worth bringing your Membership card with you, as there will be security at the door of the building and sometimes they are a little keen on checking them.

Anne

Didn't see a link but assume it's https://www.amoc.org/events/silverstone-national---34

If I go to that page and hit "Book" it says to select a ticket type, but I don't have any options presented to do that.

If I get the same deal by turning up on the day with my membership card then that works fine for me.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Anne
scampbird wrote:

Didn't see a link but assume it's https://www.amoc.org/events/silverstone-national---34

If I go to that page and hit "Book" it says to select a ticket type, but I don't have any options presented to do that.

Yes it should be the same on the day. 

I agree it is not as simple to book as it probably should be.  When I clicked on the Click here to purchase tickets in advance

it takes me to the Silverstone Events page. There is a Buy Tickets under the Aston Martin Owners Club Racing picture, then a little arrow at the end of the date line, pick Roving Seats in the 2 option fields. When you go on Select Tickets, you have to hold your mouse over the words and then slide your mouse onto the box which shows, otherwise it disappears. Very strange!

Anne
Quote 1 0