Rhino
FS063.jpg 
As many of you may know our son was killed in a tragic car crash earlier this month and his funeral will be held next wednesday 31st October

Barney was a petrol head and Aston Martin fan as he made carbon fibre components for Gaydon and the F1 family, so there will be an informal procession of Astons following the four Funeral Cars from Allestree in Derby along the A50 to Aston on Trent for the Celebrant service.(journey time 30 minutes)

We will be filming the procession to put it on You Tube for his many friends and family who live abroad or who are unable to attend what we believe will be a well attended event

Any other Members not already signed up who live near to Derby and would like to join the procession in their Aston are of course welcome and are also welcome to attend the Funeral should they choose,or just slip away after the coffin has been taken inside, the choice is yours 

(The Funeral Director has ask me to reiterate that joining the informal procession is entirely voluntary and at your own risk and they will take no responsibility for any loss incurred)

If you would like to join the procession please pm me for the details of the timing and the route 

https://twitter.com/RIP_B4RNE_BEAR

Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Aston Martin Owners Club Limited
Quote 3 0
Flashcat
Rhino,

So sorry to hear the awful news, our sincere condolences to you and the family.

Flash
Quote 1 0
MarkE
My deepest sympathies to you and your family Rhino.
Quote 1 0
DrDavidB
Rhino, what a tragedy. I don’t know you, or ever had the honour of meeting your son, but my sympathies go out to you, your family, and all your sons friends. Any loss of life is sad but to lose someone so young is heartbreaking.

Your story could so easily have been mine. Our son was hit by a car (hit and run) last November but has thankfully made an amazing recovery. Stories like yours remind me how fortunate we’ve been and how easily it could have been so very much worse.

I’m 200 miles from Derby so can’t attend but please let us know if there is a charity that your son felt an attachment to and I’ll donate the fuel money I’d have spent if I’d been able to get there.

Thoughts are with you.

David
Quote 2 0
Rhino
Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 0 0
360MDB9
Sincere Condolences to you and your family on this awful news.  May God grant you all the strength to bear his loss and may his soul rest in perfect peace. 
Quote 1 0
Lord Rowley
Oh god Martin, such shocking, devastating news.
Those before me have spoken more eloquently than I could ever be able to.
We met briefly before the AGM and I thought this year would be a memorable one for you, starting by being elected to the CoM.
But now it ends like this.
To you, Barney’s Mother, any siblings he might have and his friends across the world, our most profound condolences and thoughts are with you all.
Kevin Rowland & Suzanne James.
Quote 3 0
Rhino
DrDavidB wrote:
Rhino, what a tragedy. I don’t know you, or ever had the honour of meeting your son, but my sympathies go out to you, your family, and all your sons friends. Any loss of life is sad but to lose someone so young is heartbreaking.

Your story could so easily have been mine. Our son was hit by a car (hit and run) last November but has thankfully made an amazing recovery. Stories like yours remind me how fortunate we’ve been and how easily it could have been so very much worse.

I’m 200 miles from Derby so can’t attend but please let us know if there is a charity that your son felt an attachment to and I’ll donate the fuel money I’d have spent if I’d been able to get there.

Thoughts are with you.

David

David thank you for your kind words
Barnaby's chosen charity is SKCIN and you can donate to them via his obituary page below

https://www.funeralzone.co.uk/obituaries/52587
Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
Thanks Rhini. Thinking of you.
Quote 0 0
Rhino
DrDavidB wrote:
Thanks Rhini. Thinking of you.

David 
Thank you for your very generous donation
It is much appreciated
Rhino
Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 0 0
DrDavidB
I’d never heard of the Karen Clifford Skin Cancer charity. They look like a good bunch Rhino. A fitting cause.

It was very moving to read your sons obituary. He sounds like a fine young man and you’ll always be proud of him. Rightly so.

I look forward to catching up with you at some point in the future.

Take care.
Quote 1 0
Rhino
Rhino wrote:
FS063.jpg 
As many of you may know our son was killed in a tragic car crash earlier this month and his funeral will be held next wednesday 31st October

Barney was a petrol head and Aston Martin fan as he made carbon fibre components for Gaydon and the F1 family, so there will be an informal procession of Astons following the four Funeral Cars from Allestree in Derby along the A50 to Aston on Trent for the Celebrant service.(journey time 30 minutes)

We will be filming the procession to put it on You Tube for his many friends and family who live abroad or who are unable to attend what we believe will be a well attended event

Any other Members not already signed up who live near to Derby and would like to join the procession in their Aston are of course welcome and are also welcome to attend the Funeral should they choose,or just slip away after the coffin has been taken inside, the choice is yours 

(The Funeral Director has ask me to reiterate that joining the informal procession is entirely voluntary and at your own risk and they will take no responsibility for any loss incurred)

If you would like to join the procession please pm me for the details of the timing and the route 

https://twitter.com/RIP_B4RNE_BEAR

Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 0 0
Rhino

I am delighted to confirm that #R.I.P B4RNE BE4R is on the Aston Martin Racing WEC Cars at Shanghai this week end (white logo inside end plates of Rear Wing)
My heartfelt thanks go out to "Dr P" and "Wadders" for making this very special tribute to our beautiful boy happen 
Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 5 0
Rhino
Capture2.png 
Martin Parkes
Director of Membership
Quote 4 0
Bournemouthboy
A great touch from the wider AM Family