Tim M
I'm off for my annual fix of fabulous cars at Stoneleigh at the end of the week. Maybe see some of you there.
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
seems no one else is interested in old sports and race cars, probably too busy polishing their Astons!!
I'm taking my DB7 Vantage up on Friday (very dark green with black windows and black wheels)
be interesting if they allow me in the 'classic parking area'
John
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I shall look out for it.
Quote 0 0
annereed
David and I are there on Sunday.  I'll be on the Aston stand - so come by and say hello.

Anne
Quote 0 0
Webby

Some more pictures of the AMOC stand at Race Retro.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Very nice.  Looking forward to being there tomorrow.

Anne
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
there on Friday, excellent as usual.
Seem to spend all my time chatting to mates i've not seen all year.

did manage to get into the 'classic parking' which is with the disabled parking ,so right by the entrance.....don't let the bu**ers fob you off, insist on parking your Aston/classic there!!!
John
ps lets hope they've cooked the carrots properly for Sunday
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Didn't see you but had a good look at the car----a lot of 'personalised' touches. The black wheels looked good and I like the yellow band round the grill (a bit cheeky with the GT badge!). The big question is---what does the 'Faster, faster' switch do?
I enjoyed the show and did pop into the AMOC stand where Dot was most helpful.
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
still designing the rear wiper, and soon to have a neat lip spoiler on the boot.
"faster faster" nothing at all , but any new passengers, i tell them to pull the switch and i floor the throttle, always entertaining!!
i do like personalising but i can change everything back if i wanted too.
shame you didn't hear it start up or you would have detected a negligible silencing system !
glad i went on Friday, weather has been rubbish especially Sunday
JOHN ('68 Alfa Guilia Racer)
Roll on next year
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Rear wiper!!!! Surely not---just stick some Rain-x or Halfords Rain Repellant on and you're laughing ( £8 and £7 respectively). It's good on rear view mirrors as well.
Trust me, you don't need or want a rear windscreen wiper.
Quote 0 0
annereed
There are a few photos from the stand yesterday on the Area 13 page.  http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=760&Itemid=51

Had a great day.  Spent too much!  Bought a lovely picture of a DBR1 and 2 aston books.  Aston Martin at Le Mans by Paul Cooper and Aston Martin Power Beauty and Soul by David Dowsey.  Nice surprise to see our V8 in David Dowsey's book photographed at Waddesdon.  Is there anyone else on the forum who has their car in David's book or is mentioned by name?

Anne
Quote 0 0
Cyclist55
Anne,

Not wanting this to be taken as 'poking fun', but that first picture looks like a line up of cardboard cut-outs (or waxworks)!  Maybe the flash caused that look.
RichardB
Quote 0 0
annereed
or a police line up......

Anne
Quote 0 0