nmv2and3 Show full post »
Russell
dont say that they get upset over it. its a V8 coupe but in this instance its just a "Le mans".
failing that calling it a virage wll always provoke a response.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Dutch V8
AstonZagato wrote:

:snigger:

Phil's got a Virage...

:snigger:

I can see that this one has lots of mileage!

:-\ Sorry Phil - I knew it was a Le Mans, but it was late, I was tired, I can't type, I was overcome by the noise, I was jealous (of the car and of the fact that you were there and I wasn't) ... I was wrong, I am sorry, can you ever forgive me ?

PS at least I didn't refer to it as an Opel Manta ... that is what I was accused of driving a few weeks ago  :-[
Quote 0 0
philmw

A bunch of Max Power jockeys at the Brooklands concours thought it was a Nissan Skyline. 
Quote 0 0
geofro
Time for an admission.
I was the nugget who went off the end of the runway
And if you thought the skids marks on the runway were impressive, you should have seen the ones inside the car.
My lame excuse is that there was a lot of heat haze, and that I didn't spot the cones as they were blue, and I was expecting orange...However, I think I might also have been paying too much attention to the speedo.
When I spotted the guys at the end I initially thought they were at the braking point and it was only when their waving became frantic that I realised they were at the END of the runway! I overshot (think thats the term) by about 20 ft onto the grass, and went over a kerb with a horrendous crunch.
Initially I thought there was no damage, other that a bit of wheel wobble at speed. I got the wheels balanced in Le Mans and it turns out all the wheels are buckled.
They are off to MWS next week for straightening or replacement.
Ho hum, lesson learned!
Still was a great day out, and I arrived at my gig in Gloucestershire at 3.30, the exact moment we were due on stage!
Geoff
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Looks like you were lucky, but at least it can all be sorted and it was bags of fun!
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Genghis Brothers?
Heh, sounds like a unique experience going off the runway.  Shame about the wheels but you'll be able to tell that story for a long time.   
Quote 0 0
Russell
geofro hilarious stuff mate and agree with wolf that will cost us all a few beers in buying the story from you.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0