JeffMaynard Show full post »
asington
OK now!
Quote 0 0
Russell
asington wrote:

Webby - "this file is damaged and can't be opened".

yes i tried to open it and the corner was a bit ruffled and it had a few creases in it
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
gareth
excellent - thanks webby, bedammed if I could find it!
Quote 0 0
Webby
It had been archived automatically as it dated from 2009.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Here's a question, is anyone heading up to Ragley Hall tomorrow from Berks/Bucks area? I'm thinking of leaving Maidenhead at 7am heading up the M40 and then perhaps cutting off to the Oxford ring road and up the A44 through Chipping Norton past Evesham and up to Ragley Hall. Anyone doing anything similar? 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
tony-hall-40 wrote:

Didn't I say that?.....

Yes you did Tony and it was also ignored.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
v12 volante man wrote:

Yes you did Tony and it was also ignored.

Nothing new there then....but by your reply...you didn't ignore it...so thank you...
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
gareth
we will be on the M40 from about 7.3--8.00, coming from the herts section of the M25.... In the DB9, "GK57"  as the V8 sadly is not well at the mo and requiring 'work'.
Quote 0 0
John B
We will be leaving Bicester between 7.45 and 8 and will be going straight up the M40 to Junction 15 in my our black DB7 Volante D8JFP.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Maybe I'll do that and go home the "scenic route" 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
John Purser
Another great day out in the sun. Great crowd and lots of beatifully prepared cars.
Quote 0 0
Russell
congrats to Geewizz for a well deserved win
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Russell wrote:

congrats to Geewizz for a well deserved win

Yes indeedy!
Roger I
Quote 0 0
annereed
Webby has put a picture gallery up for the concours. I've added a few photos but it would be good to see some of those you have taken.

Spring Concours - Ragley Hall

Anne
Quote 0 0
philmw
Was a great day, fabulous location, and glorious weather:

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Fab shot Phil.  Nicole was admiring that bench too.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Wedgie wrote:

Fab shot Phil.  Nicole was admiring that bench too.

Is it still there?? or is it in your garden now!!!!!! hee hee
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Couldn't get it in the Wedge.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Couldn't you have got someone in red trousers to sit on it - brighten up the shot 
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Some more pics

Roger I
Quote 0 0
steveXE624
Can anyone point me at the results please?
Quote 0 0
MPD
Here are the results of the 2014 Spring Concours.
Quote 0 0
Fay
I was reading the results of the Spring Concours in the news sheet on the net and was puzzled by the results in the prewar class. I As I thought it might be a typo I waited for the main mag to be delivered. Not being a concours entrant (the only time I did I had a slight altercation with a low wall the week before .) I have noticed that the entrant with the most points has been listed a second in class. Having looked at the rules etc nothing jumps out as to why this is so. I assume that the Trust A3 had 15 points deducted as it was trailored so the points were low but nothing obvious jumps out about the first and second. Is it a mistake? Just curious as trying to work out how many points that Area 5 have to wards the yearly trophy.
Also do I assume that if a car is owned by 2 members from different areas wins then the points are split between those 2 areas ?

If someone can add some light to these questions it would be appreciated.

TIA
Fay
Quote 0 0
MPD
Fay

I can indeed answer this question. The Pre-war class in the Spring Concours was made up of 3 cars. A3, Tom Rollason’s superb 15/98 and Cloverleaf, of which I am coincidently a 50% owner.

Cloverleaf won the Spring Concours in 2013 at Greenwich, whilst in the custody of John Browning. The rules state (and I know this because I wrote them), that a car that wins its mainstream class, is automatically promoted to Elite Class. The owner may return to it’s mainstream class and take a 5 point deduction if he wishes.

After the results were announced there were some comments regarding the 5 points not being deducted from Cloverleaf’s final score. This was because the car was entered into the Pre-war class again, by the new owners, myself and Tom Westley and precedent was prevously set that the deduction would not apply to new owners entering the same car.

The rules also state that cars entered into the Concours must be driven to the event from from their place of overnight stay. The only exceptions to this are racing/competition cars and Bamford and Martin models, which may be trailered with no deduction. Therefore the 15 point penalty for trailering was not deducted from A3 and Cloverleaf's final score.

In my capacity of Chief Judge, I review the final scores of the classes and after consideration, considered Tom Rollason's 15/98 a more worthy winner of this class.  One of the reasons was because he had driven it to the event under its own steam. I retrospectively awarded the first place to him and his car, which is a wonderful example and a credit to him and Maggie.

I hope that this information assists.

Mark
Quote 0 0
Fay
Thanks for that Mark. It explains the published result.

I expect that the rules are always being reviewed as such. Is it time for some of the older Feltham cars to be exempt from the non trailering requirement. Those that live further afield from the event do seem to be somewhat penalised unless they pay extra and stay local. I am looking at this purely as an outsider as I am unlikely to ever have either.
I expect all this has been discussed before but it becomes more relevant as the cars become older.
Fay
Quote 0 0