Gazebo Jane Show full post »
db7 boy
A great day - well done to Jane and all who assisted her.
My car was one of the first half dozen that the public came upon and we were mobbed most of the day.
No damage suffered despite one twerp trying to push his bike between my car and the Wedge next door to me! - what a pratt he was, must be the effect of lycra on the male body!
The cheers, smiles and looks of excitement of the public as we all left was brilliant.
A great day, glad to have been a part of it.
Mike and Beryl Miller
Quote 0 0
Andy M
Ahh, Mike, nice car,  now I know you are on here I should have waited a bit longer to say hello but you seemed to have a waiting throng around the car !,  I was wandering around looking to speak to anyone from the club,  wearing the Sealine jacket , if you remember.

Glad you got away unscathed.

Andy
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Hi Andy,
I remember the jacket well. I spotted it as I sell the odd boat now and then so am familiar with the branding - we are Imperial Motoryachts.
It was a great day despite the odd short sharp shower.
I think that the general public really appreciated us all being there.
I let a few kids sit in the car and their smiles were so broad, one little coloured lad was quite shy but he enjoyed his photo being taken then, as we drove out he rearly jumped up and down waving goodbye to us.
Lets hope we all helped a few more folks aspire to own an AM one day too.......should help residual values if nothing else!
Mike.
Quote 0 0
Russell
might be about time to post a thread about who is involved in the marine industry
i bet there are a few of us
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Russell wrote:
who is involved in the marine industry

The title could be
"Hallo, sailor"
but we might get some strange replies.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Good idea Russell - do you think it will get pulled by the mods? ;D ;D
Quote 0 0
Webby
With a title like "Hello Sailor" I believe it is you sailor boys doing the pulling!
Quote 0 0
Russell
db7 boy wrote:

Good idea Russell - do you think it will get pulled by the mods? ;D ;D

nah, why would it.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0