mcatlin
I know I'm going to be made fun of for this but what the hell.

I'm going to this event tomorrow and I wondered if anyone else old enough to remember Yes in the early '70s was going too?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I remember them but I'm not going! They were never a favourite of mine. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
williamp
I've seen him twice at various property functions, and he's great. The stories are hilarious, but unrepeatable on this family forum. And I hope (for you) he does the classical music medlee. Brilliant

(and yes...I am far too young to remember Yes!)
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The highlight of the evening is the playing of his Six Wives of Henry XIII. He has also composed three other pieces which will precede this. As it's outdoors I pray the weather forecasters have got it right when they say it will be sunny intervals tomorrow night.
Quote 0 0
Webby
God I'm old. I remember him in The Strawbs!
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Webby wrote:

So do I!  Now I feel even older.

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Webby wrote:

I don't! 
Quote 0 0
vrooom
No one will take the piss out of you for this.
It's important...I remember doing 'Yes' at school in history....
Quote 0 0
TVJL
V12 MCC wrote:

I know I'm going to be made fun of for this but what the hell.
Yours is no disgrace. 

Quote 0 0
Webby
That was close to the edge... 
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Can't be Rick on keyboards, his hair isn't long enough and there's no golden cloak in sight!

EDIT: Is there anywhere I can get hold of a copy of that famous photograph of mr Wakeman sitting on the bonnet of one Rolls Royce with all his other ones receding into the distance?
Quote 0 0
NeilH
I will be there, have seen many concerts over the years and have met him, he's a nice chap and will stand and talk to you.

Also met Bob Moog of the Moog synthesizer fame that he uses in his keyboard line up 
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Oh yes Rick Wakeman the Strawbs and Yes... remember them well. Indeed I remember winding up at a party at Rick's place in Northolt, although Wikipedia tells you he grew up in Perivale, where he had a concert organ set-up which I played for about 15 mins before the neighbours complained. I can't remember much else after that...  Indeed I can't remember which young lady I was with at the time but it was her, whoever she was, that got me invited
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
mcatlin
NeilH wrote:

I will be there, have seen many concerts over the years and have met him, he's a nice chap and will stand and talk to you.

Also met Bob Moog of the Moog synthesizer fame that he uses in his keyboard line up   
Hi Neil. I've managed to get VIP tickets to meet him before the concert starts. Looking forward to that very much. Where are you sitting?
Quote 0 0
NeilH
Hi
My mate has got the tickets and has said we are on the second tier, not sure of seat number.
Regards
Neil
Quote 0 0
williamp
There's a great article in the Times today about him (you might be able to find it online)

He tells a lvoeytl story about an old lady saying "you're the one from countdown" and he saiud "yes"
"what else do you do?"
"I'm a musician"
"Have you made many records"
"about 167"
"Have you sold them all yet??"!!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Sorry to have missed you Neil.

Great performance and the weather held which was a relief. Hog roast was delicious.

Just got home so off to bed for four hours!
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
you can keep up with Rick here
http://www.planetrock.com/presenter_rick.htm
Great guy, met him last year
John
Quote 0 0
grahamj
Saw Rick years ago in at Barry Memorial Hall in Barry, South Wales on an 'up close and personal' tour. There couldnt have been 50 people there and he was brilliant.

Saw Yes at the NEC some time later and this fulfilled my personal goal of seeing them, Pink Floyd and Emerson,Lake and Palmer! All superb

Having seen all 3 (and various others over the years) my only regret was missing Led Zeppelin at Knebworth but I saw Page and Plant some years later!

Now married, with kids!

;D

Graham
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
He was certainly brilliant last night. Upset got stuck on M25 and missed the VIP reception before concert started though, would like to have met him.

One of the many highlights of the night was Ray Cooper breaking one of his drumsticks and just throwing the good one over his shoulder as it was no good on its own!
Quote 0 0
NeilH
Hi
Attended the Saturday nights show and was excellent, the back drop of Hampton Court Palace and lighting show along with Rick playing was a knock out.

The best at the end with Rick and his Son Adam Wakeman playing a duo together on remote walkabout Synth's.

Finally fun and games trying to find my car parked in nearby field with others in the dark at 11.00pm.

Neil
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Yes Neil finding car afterwards was fun. Did you get a CD of the concert straight afterwards? The friends I took treated me to a copy and while the photo CD is disappointing we re lived the event all the way home. Absolutely brilliant.
Quote 0 0
NeilH
Hi

No, I did not get the CD I will wait for a DVD of the concert to come out as they said they were recording.

I ended sitting about half way between stage and the very back but like you I had to rush to get there and if I knew he wasn't coming on until 9.00pm I would have got something to eat, I was starving after the finish.

Might see you at this weeks Bonhams.

Neil
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I'll bring my Yamaha (organ, not bike!) on Saturday. I saw someone with a camera but only one so I hope it's well edited.

We were four rows from the front to the left of the stage. We had an excellent view of orchestra and choir and the light show over the house.
Quote 0 0