John Purser
Apart from a 2/4 MkII, DB4 S2 and a DB5, they also have one of the five prototype DB4s, the ones assembled at Feltham plus a recreation DB4GT Zagato built by the company that did the 'Sanction' run of Zagatos a few years ago. Used a 'donor' DB4.
The big question, will be interesting, given the current banking turmoil to see what they make.
It's at Battersea Park - Wednesday 29th from 3 pm.
Anyone going ?
Quote 0 0
SAW
Would love to John, but this thing they call 'a day job' does get in the way of the social calendar at times, however I'd be interested to hear what prices were achieved, especially in the current climate, as you say. Regards, Steve
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I feel the Sanction II.5 is a money spinning device, but available at the wrong time!
Quote 0 0
tim_c
The idea of a 'donor' car is some kind of joke - just a re-use of the chassis number

Doesn't matter how good the workmanship - IMHO of less value than an authentic DB4
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
You could build one for far less.  You are therefore paying for the SanctionII(a) provenance.  Is it worth the premium?  Personally, no but to someone else, perhaps it is a yea.  I guess we'll see if it sells.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Headlines

Full list 

Still some very impressive prices. £2.4m for a McLaren F1? 
Quote 0 0
John Purser
AstonZagato wrote:

You could build one for far less.  You are therefore paying for the SanctionII(a) provenance.  Is it worth the premium?  Personally, no but to someone else, perhaps it is a yea.  I guess we'll see if it sells.
Sold at 330,000, but estimated 450-550,000
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Subtract the value of a rough DB4 and you get a lot of man hours for that money. Still, this car was at least reasonably well executed. There are some real stinkers out there.
Quote 0 0
SAW
There were alot of cars that didn't sell! Nothing like Bonhams at NP
Quote 0 0
Damen
I went along.  A very interesting night, the words "credit crunch" were very apt, even if the F1 made £2.5 m.  The DB4s were average, the DB5 very rough and the Zagato was more than a tad unimpressive, I certainly wouldn't suggest it was anywhere near as good as the Sanction IIs, the window profiles and interior were terrible.  As Tim rightly states, a waste of a DB4.

The downward slide of Aston Martin prices has commenced!!!!

Damen
Quote 0 0