MPD
The organisers of Salon Privé have kindly invited the AMOC to be their guests  and  to continue the Centenary Celebration of Aston Martin. The invitation is limited to 100 participating cars, in addition to which, 15 of the cars would be invited to park in the grounds of the Great Conservatory. 

http://www.amoc.org/content/view/1853/837/
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
It'll suit those people who need to be close to a "brand village" and "hyper cars"
Quote 0 0
gareth
again is this real?
...."special 15% off the general entry of £240."

really, £240?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
But then again it says "Aston Martin Owners Club Centenary BBQ £75 ex VAT (usually £195 ex vat)"

Although one might question what they mean by "usually" after all a centenary is, by definition, a one off not a usual occurrence

So do you add the £90 to the £240 making £330 for the day out or what? Makes Perks Fields see cheap
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
It does make you laugh that they advertise this celebration and then expect owners to pay huge sums to contribute, and then have to pay £6.50 for a bloody burger.

Luckily I will be teeing off at Le Touquet.
Quote 0 0
Russell
normally includes a nice dinner and the like. they are nice dinners and if you do a table of ten at £240 a head i think you can get it for £2,395
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Won't need dinner after you've filled up on £6.50 bugers at the £90/head BBQ... how does that work?

Quote 0 0
Russell
i read that and didnt get it. you pay £90 for a BBQ and then have to pay for the burger.
must be dementia thing but i cant follow some of these function offerings.
thank god our own concours events are well run without all this confusion
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
And Tony's Hever Castle do is pretty straight forward too !

Quote 0 0
gareth
Things like this just reinforce, to me anyway, that most things associated with "the club" or the "marque" and its associated "sponsors" are in fantasy land for most of the membership who simply like the cars... thank goodness for local area meets and the informal gatherings organised by fellow enthusiasts and forum members.
Quote 0 0
philmw
gareth wrote:

Things like this just reinforce, to me anyway, that most things associated with "the club" or the "marque" and its associated "sponsors" are in fantasy land for most of the membership who simply like the cars... thank goodness for local area meets and the informal gatherings organised by fellow enthusiasts and forum members.

"The organisers also offer AMOC members a special 15% off the general entry of £240."  Why is this bad?  As far as I know, SP are not associated with "the club" or the "marque" or a "sponsor".
Quote 0 0
PPP_6H
Having been to Salon Privé a couple of times I think £75 (+vat) is fantastic value for everything that is offered in this package.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I glad others find it as confusing as I did  it's £90 for a BBQ where you pay £6.50 extra for your burger and another £240 less discount for the Salon Prive - or at that's how I understand it. Anyone else care to have a stab at explaining the deal?  ???

Quote 0 0
PPP_6H
Rich5ltr wrote:

I glad others find it as confusing as I did  it's £90 for a BBQ where you pay £6.50 extra for your burger and another £240 less discount for the Salon Prive - or at that's how I understand it. Anyone else care to have a stab at explaining the deal?  ???

It is explained here:  http://www.salonprivelondon.com/amoc.asp

Note that it includes spending the afternoon in the actual Salon Privé event itself, so you get to see all of the concours cars and supercars and enjoy top quality refreshments including complimentary bar (i.e. your champagne glass just keeps magically replenishing itself..).
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
So if, as you said in your original post, that's all that for £75 + vat then that's more like it. Is that correct?
Mind you, the free bar would be wasted seeing as I'd be driving but my wife would enjoy it 

Quote 0 0
MPD
Rich5ltr wrote:

So if, as you said in your original post, that's all that for £75 + vat then that's more like it. Is that correct?
Mind you, the free bar would be wasted seeing as I'd be driving but my wife would enjoy it 

That is correct Rich5ltr.

Remarkably, there are things called hotels nearby, which would mean you too could enjoy the relentless supply of champagne!
Quote 0 0
12 POT
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Remarkably, there are things called hotels nearby, which would mean you too could enjoy the relentless supply of champagne!

It might be cheaper to enjoy the champagne and let the wife drive,....on second thoughts go for the Hotel! ;D
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Salon Prive is an ace event....and their is a hotel in the grounds.
Cheapest way is to get invited by a corporate then get drunk.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Crikey, hotels near there, that's a turn up.  No, seriously, Syon Park is just up the road from Brentford Docks where I used to play as a kid and there were no hotels back then, a few spit & sawdust drinkers pubs but no hotels. My how it must have changed.

Quote 0 0
Downr
Yes they knocked down the butterfly house, cordoned off part of the car park and put a waldorf hotel there
Quote 0 0
vrooom
It's a Hilton now...
Quote 0 0
Webby
There is an Aston Martin Owners Club Centenary BBQ for £75 ex VAT (usually £195 ex vat)

More information here: Salon Privé Invitation to the AMOC

Ticket price includes:

From 10:00am entrance to:
  • Aston Martin Owners Club BBQ in The Great Conservatory

From 2:30pm entrance to:
    [*] Complimentary Bar (including Pommery Champagne)
    [*] Traditional English Afternoon Tea
    [*] The British Super Car Show
    [*] Chubb Insurance Concours d’Elégance
    [*] EFG Private Bank Art & Memorabilia Fayre
    [*] Royal College of Art 'Concours of the Future' Exhibition
    [*] Luxury Brands Village
    [*] Hyper Car Collection
    [*] Concepts & Prototypes Display
    [*] Salon Privé Official Souvenir Guide

If you would like to attend there is an order form to take advantage of the discount, from £195 to £75, at the link above,
Quote 0 0