RickH Show full post »
OPHYCLIDE
Ive only ever been clay shooting once.
I was about 12.  I shot a blackbird... at that age you dont know any better!

What do you do with the carcases chaps? Do you get to eat them?

I hit a grouse whilst out in the MG about 2 months ago. t'was a bit too flat to be worth taking back though!
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Unless it's vermin, you eat it.  Game is scrummy.
Quote 0 0
OPHYCLIDE
Agreed.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Too rich for me I'm afraid. Doesn't the clay get stuck between your teeth? Martin
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Indeed, now the costs have been cofnirmed in the NS, my interest has waned. I will certainly join TVJL, Jimbo et al for a simpler event, but I had the idea this suggestion was born of the desire to avoid that tendency to complication and cost that afflicts some AMOC events.. Sorry Rick, I fully appreciate the effort involved in putting this together, but I just fancy a morning's shoot and a spot of lunch. The NS doesn't make clear what is on offer for the one day programme.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I understood just the shooting and lunch would be £90 and am 'in' on that basis.

Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Is it? There's something about £150 but it's not clear.. re-reading my comments, they sound at best rather ungracious; no offence intended Rick. Do please confirm what the options are.
Quote 0 0
RickH
Effectively there are 3 options:
A morning's shooting & lunch - £90
A morning's shooting and lunch plus Archery/Falconry in the afternoon - £150
Full weekends event = above, plus overnight with eveing meal plus hovercraft argo driving on Sunday - £420

Choice is yours as to how much you want to do.  I would like as many people as possible to join in, and fully expect there to be far more on the cheaper 2 options than the full weekend (me included!)

I hope this clears up any confusion. But please come back to me if you need any other info, or want another option.

Rick
Quote 0 0
RickH
OK Webby, sir, I obviously did something wrong, but can't spot the edit you made.  Not another spelling mistake was it?

100 lines:
I must check my spelling before posting.
I must check my spelling .........
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
When do you need to know by Rick? I was hoping to do the whole weekend but it may just be all day now. Martin
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Thanks Rick, the message obviously got garbled in the NS. Will be in touch.
Quote 0 0
RickH
Martin,

I am keeping a list of those that I know are interested, but the formal list is being kept by Audrey at AMOC HQ.  Give her a call or email to register interest.  I will need to agree with the venue as to when we will have to pay deposits etc.

Rick
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks Rick, will do. My wife and I will certainly be there for the saturday. martin
Quote 0 0
RickH
Hello all,

After all the excitement of the Auction and Concours, it's time to start thinking of more AMOC events.

I am organising a 'Shooting-in-Style' weekend, which has been discussed in this thread.  I've done this post to bring it to the top again, and to ask people to consider joining us.  I do need a minimum number in order to run the event, so would welcome any declaration of interest if people what to have a blast:

Quote 0 0
mcatlin
As discussed at the bonhams/Blenheim weekend I'm in with my wife for the day please. As long as i can stand well behind Hedgehog when she's got a gun in her hand. Martin
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
I'm declaring my interest too!

Probably just for the day though - can't afford a whole weekend. Not unless George Clooney is going to be there..in which case I'll cash in some Premium Bonds! ;D

And Martin is wise to be wary...I've never even held a gun before let alone shoot one. So will need to be shown everything. I can manage to work out which way round to hold it but that's my limit.

So Rick, if you can find me someone male, single and gorgeous to take me under their wing and show me how to blast those clay birds away...I'm there!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
And an aston owner of course. Martin
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Well I didn't want to be too presumptious but as you come to mention it, that would be icing on the cake.

I keep hoping my 1/18th DB7 will receive the magic wand treatment and turn into a real life version.

Alternatively, I get to win the Ticket To Ride competition which you can choose from an

Aston Martin DB9  ;D

Lamborghini Gallardo  :-\

Bentley Continental GT

Porsche 997

When they sell 4,800 tickets, they do the draw. £60 each ticket

Fancy your luck?

Go visit: http://www.ttrcomp.com

If you win...I bagsy a a ride

Quote 0 0
mcatlin
which would you choose? Martin
Quote 0 0
Hedgehog
Martin - shame on you!

Do I really need to answer that?

The Aston of course!!!
Quote 0 0
RickH
Now that the summer festivities are over, it's about time I brought this thread back up to the top of the list and ask people to consider what they are doing this autumn.

We are organising a very smart weekend entitled 'Shooting-In-Style' where we can enjoy a selection of activities plus an excellent dinner in a Cotswold Manor House.

For those for which a full weekend is too much, I am offering the option of joining us for all of the Saturday or just the shooting element on Saturday morning.

It is all aimed to be a bit of fun, and is open to all (whether expert shots or novices).

I do need to have an idea of numbers, so would be grateful of an idea of who would be interested.

If you have any questions, please do contact me, either on the forum, or by email: email4rick@ntlworld.com

Rick
Quote 0 0