johnslynch
Will their be a club ticket discount code for this year? it normaly expires end of March and I have have not seen it in print so far.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Going live on this website tomorrow.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Thanks for the update.
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Tomorrow came and went also the next tomorrow- which tomorrow were you referring to ?  ;D
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Prattking wrote:

Tomorrow came and went also the next tomorrow- which tomorrow were you referring to ?  ;D

Its here https://www.amoc.org/content/view/2075/950/
Quote 0 0
Prattking
I saw that but where is the club code ?
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
See what you mean! Apparently we have to join the club to get the code
Quote 0 0
Webby
There seems to be a glitch in the newly-tightened security. We're working on it. In the meantime the code is available here for AMOC members.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Maybe they never left
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Who's going? We will be there all three days.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I'm there Saturday and Sunday (hopefully in car and not relay truck)
Anne Reed and Tim Butcher due.
Quote 0 0
annereed
I'll be there on Saturday

Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available for Members at the Club marquee.

Anne
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Great day today, plenty of Astons and weather was very kind warm and sunny at times.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
A really successful weekend.
All praise to the Club staff and the Social Committee who put on such a well organised 'Club centre'
which drew friendly, mildly envious comment from our pals in the Bentley Drivers Club and Ferrari Owners Club.
We had about 45 cars on Friday, 90+ on Saturday and 50+ on Sunday.
The attendance was said to be about 110,000 over the weekend.
I didn't catch up with much racing but Glynn Allen (DB  and Martin Melling (DB had good outings.

Quote 0 0
carfan2
I would like to thank, once again, Tim (didn't get his surname) from the A.M.O.C. for his advice on Saturday at the Silverstone Classic after my 1999 DB7 i6 deposited water all over my passenger's right foot a few miles before we arrived at the circuit. He was very helpful indeed in diagnosing the problem and how it can be rectified. Now all I need is someone local to Beverley with a ramp as I would like to give the air conditioning outlet tube a cleanout myself, in the expectation that this is all that is needed. Fingers crossed and thanks again Tim.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
carfan2 wrote:

I would like to thank, once again, Tim (didn't get his surname) from the A.M.O.C. for his advice on Saturday at the Silverstone Classic after my 1999 DB7 i6 deposited water all over my passenger's right foot a few miles before we arrived at the circuit. He was very helpful indeed in diagnosing the problem and how it can be rectified. Now all I need is someone local to Beverley with a ramp as I would like to give the air conditioning outlet tube a cleanout myself, in the expectation that this is all that is needed. Fingers crossed and thanks again Tim.

I was station at Leconfield for a while as an instructor and used to go to Beverley a lot. Why not have a word with the local camp REME section and see if they will let you use their ramp in the workshop.

I am sure they would love to see something different in there for a change as long as your car is not Green!! LOL

Regards,
Quote 0 0
asington
There are 2 tubes exiting the A/c to each side of the gearbox. The LH one on my i6 is shorter for some reason, and consequently difficult to see. Use an air line and don't poke anything into the hose (about 8mm diameter). Once cleared - use one of the aircon cleaning aerosols - but remember the car must be at running temperature and closed when used - with you OUTSIDE as the stink is dreadful. After use the a/c will smell better, probably work better and be ex the bacteria inside.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
asington wrote:

There are 2 tubes exiting the A/c to each side of the gearbox. The LH one on my i6 is shorter for some reason, and consequently difficult to see. Use an air line and don't poke anything into the hose (about 8mm diameter). Once cleared - use one of the aircon cleaning aerosols - but remember the car must be at running temperature and closed when used - with you OUTSIDE as the stink is dreadful. After use the a/c will smell better, probably work better and be ex the bacteria inside.

Did you spend to much time with Mike Brewer on the live stage? Silverstone!
Quote 0 0
asington
I wasn't at Silverstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote 0 0
John Purser

Did you spend to much time with Mike Brewer on the live stage?

John, one of our most loyal and helpful volunteer with the Club shop certainly did, with his dark blue DB7 i6.
His car was one that Mike Brewer had had on a TV show on renovation (sorry, forget name, was a busy weekend.)
Carfan 2, that was Tim Butcher, Chairman of our Social Subcommittee. When he's not master-minding Club events, he runs Trinity Engineering.
Glad it was something relatively simple and we could help.
Quote 0 0