tony-hall-40 Show full post »
Bruno
Tim M wrote:

We weren't able to do it due to the gearbox problem in the first race.
Two cars and a total of four racing laps---not a good weekend!
Similarly 2 cars of our 3 didn't finish, not a good weekend !
Quote 0 0
garrydb7
Just wanted to thank everyone for their support at the Silverstone Classic.

Marc and I tried to improve on previous years, and judging by positive comments here on the forum, emails received and on the day from Members, it seems you were a happy bunch. A few grumbles from some Members, but the same ones moan every year no matter what you do – but they still return every year!

Some requested a hospitality marque and it is a good idea for next year, where you can sit, chat to other Members and drink a glass of wine, tea or coffee. But guys, please remember we are mere volunteers and not paid for this at all and the pre-event planning, liaising with AM, setting up, running the days, running the shop, chatting to Members and knocking down takes a long time. A booze tent just does not appear - it takes time and needs helping hands, and with just 3 of us this year, we were in the main overwhelmed. None of us managed to see any racing or see the new Silverstone Wing! I managed to have a quick look around but poor Marc and Luke remained. And because this is NOT an AMOC event, there is not a large budget to play with - but we do the best we can.

We were knackered on the Sunday. We assisted in loading the Gaydon cars at about 7.30pm on the Sunday, and then drove the Trust Ulster, Lagonda and Van back that night. Landed at the Barn at about 10pm. Next morning the cars had to be cleaned and the van unloaded.

Marc and I had a bottle of wine (or two, or three...) afterwards. We were pleased with what we achieved, and delighted by your kind comments. Makes it worthwhile.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
You and Marc did a great job and I know it is daft but I am gobsmacked to see nobody has given you a pilchard---they are a miserable bunch on here!!! So I hereby award you your first fish and hopefully a few more to follow.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Myself and wife had a great day on Saturday. We met up with daughter and partner and our first grand daughter who we do not see often enough, so it was a very special day.
Quote 0 0
Ian B
Tim M wrote:

You and Marc did a great job and I know it is daft but I am gobsmacked to see nobody has given you a pilchard---they are a miserable bunch on here!!! So I hereby award you your first fish and hopefully a few more to follow.
A kipper from us too
Quote 0 0