Gazebo Jane
This year there will be a special feature to mark the 20th Anniversary of the DB7.( this date has been debated and as road cars were not available until October 1994 the 21st birthday party will be next year)

For those of you who look forward to The Silverstone Classic event every year now is the time to book your tickets to benefit from the Early Bird discounts and be sure of your infield pass for the Club display.
For those of you who have enjoyed the Centenary events but have never been to Silverstone Classic before then now is the time to book your tickets so that you can meet up again with some of the new friends you made last year and relive the spirit of AMOC at another exciting event.

To benefit from the Club discounts, including the 2 for 1 ticket offer, you must buy your tickets before 31st May

This is an event for all the family for, as well as being the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival and celebration of motoring heritage with over 9,000 classic cars on display, there will be live rock music, some great air displays , a traditional funfair (all rides included in ticket price)  and a  shopping village. There will be an ‘off-road’ zone, a classic car auction (viewing on Friday, auction on Saturday) but for full information visit: http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/WhatsOn

TICKETS
Once again this year’s Club package is a discounted offer of two adult event tickets with each infield pass for the Club display area. The ticket package includes access to the circuit infield, race paddocks, open grandstands, live music concerts, period funfair and the vast majority of attractions.
HOW TO BOOK
If you'd prefer to book by phone, please call 0871 231 0849.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Will be there again all three days.
Quote 0 0
asington
Isn't this the same weekend as the Burghley meeting that's not AMOC?
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Yes it is! 
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
asington wrote:

Isn't this the same weekend as the Burghley meeting that's not AMOC?

Silverstone Friday, Saturday and Burghley on Sunday
Quote 0 0
tim_c
21st Birthday in my book. The prototype DB7 (engineless) was shown at the 1993 Geneva Motor Show - production cars were more than a year  away but they looked identical to the prototype. It now lives in the museum in Covenrty - so maybe they would like to show it.

http://astonmartins.com/car/db7-prototype-project-npx/
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
Thanks Tim, but I have been reliably informed that this year we will be celebrating it being 20 years since the DB7 was first made available to buy taken from October 1994. As it has been explained to me, we do not normally celebrate a child's conception but it's birth.

So, the party will be for  the 20th birthday of the DB7 at S'stone this year and the 'official' 21st birthday will be next year.  DB 7 owners will have double the fun!
Quote 0 0
philmw
tim_c wrote:

21st Birthday in my book. The prototype DB7 (engineless) was shown at the 1993 Geneva Motor Show - production cars were more than a year away but they looked identical to the prototype. It now lives in the museum in Covenrty - so maybe they would like to show it.

http://astonmartins.com/car/db7-prototype-project-npx/

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Jane Nicholls wrote:

Thanks Tim, but I have been reliably informed that this year we will be celebrating it being 20 years since the DB7 was first made available to buy taken from October 1994. As it has been explained to me, we do not normally celebrate a child's conception but it's birth.

So, the party will be for  the 20th birthday of the DB7 at S'stone this year and the 'official' 21st birthday will be next year.  DB 7 owners will have double the fun!

So why was the 10th anniversary of the DB7 held on July 6th 2003  ???
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Shall we ask TVJL?
Paul
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
I don`t really care about dates, all I want to know is are we going on the track again
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Jane Nicholls wrote:

So, the party will be for  the 20th birthday of the DB7 at S'stone this year and the 'official' 21st birthday will be next year.  DB 7 owners will have double the fun!
Anyway, what the heck just do it. Then the year after it will be time to celebrate 100 years of Aston Martin.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
johnslynch wrote:
I don`t really care about dates, all I want to know is are we going on the track again

John, I do hope so. I am in discussion with the SC organisers and it looks promising. Obviously I will let everyone know as soon as it has been confirmed.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Jane Nicholls wrote:

John, I do hope so. I am in discussion with the SC organisers and it looks promising. Obviously I will let everyone know as soon as it has been confirmed.

Fantastic news. We must have impressed last year
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
Ockyclarke wrote:

Shall we ask TVJL?

;D

But seriously is this also like to end up a farce over which date is the best to celebrate this and it's contributions to the marque?

I may be wrong, but I get the impression the AMOC are relatively cool on this model and after a big year celebrating the centenary, appetite is maybe not there?

Obviously those of us who are fortunate to own and drive these cars appreciate and like them for all sorts of reasons. I gather from what I have read and heard, this model has a special place in the pantheon of cars that have had made a mark in automotive history. I personally think it will become a future classic for both it's beauty and possible rarity as numbers aren't that big (by some measures) and they don't make them any more.
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
Well we have so much to celebrate for the remainder of the decade.

Endless excuses for countless glasses of Champagne

Virage Silver 25th 2014
Wedge Pearl 30th 2014
DB6 Golden 50th Oct 2015
DB 2/4 Mk2 Diamond 60th Oct 2015
DB Mk III Diamond 60th March 2017
DBS Golden 50th 2017
Then TVJL and I will be celebrating centenary! 2020

What else have I forgotten?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
goldthumb wrote:
Then TVJL and I will be celebrating centenary! 2020

Crikey, neither of you come across as being 93 years old.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
John Purser
goldthumb wrote:

What else have I forgotten?

Is there an 80 year category to keep TVJL going till then ?
2014 Ulster
2016 2 litre
Quote 0 0
goldthumb
Rich5ltr wrote:
Crikey, neither of you come across as being 93 years old.

Some days I feel it!
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
N18WNG wrote:
I may be wrong, but I get the impression the AMOC are relatively cool on this model and after a big year celebrating the centenary, appetite is maybe not there?

If anything the centenary year showed us how much AM owners, DB7 owners very much included, enjoy taking part in events and displays . In my write up for AMN after the Regent Street Motor Show I identified what might be known as 'Timeline Fever' so lets keep that momentum going this year. We know there are lots of very proud - and quite rightly so - DB7 owners out there who deserve to have their anniversary celebrated as much as that of any other beautiful Aston Martin and as soon as I have details confirmed for SC I will let you know....give me a chance , its only January!
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Well said Jane. Says one proud DB7 owner.
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Jane Nicholls wrote:
If anything the centenary year showed us how much AM owners, DB7 owners very much included, enjoy taking part in events and displays . In my write up for AMN after the Regent Street Motor Show I identified what might be known as 'Timeline Fever' so lets keep that momentum going this year. We know there are lots of very proud - and quite rightly so - DB7 owners out there who deserve to have their anniversary celebrated as much as that of any other beautiful Aston Martin and as soon as I have details confirmed for SC I will let you know....give me a chance , its only January!

I have just received a very informative E mail from Jane in reply to my question regarding the Silverstone classic DB7 celebrations - without wishing to steal her thunder it sounds as if it will be a great weekend. Jane has had a meeting with Works Service yesterday and I understand full details of whats been agreed/planned will be published in March in the AMOC magazine. Suffice to say there will be a lot of focus on th DB7 with a Track parade and DB7 display on tarmac this year.

There is also a club code to use when purchasing tickets from the Silverstone website which gives you two adult tickets for the price of one and the all important infield pass for the display area.

Well done Jane ! Great stuff - cant wait.
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
This year the Aston Martin Owners Club will be joining forces with Works Service and the Aston Martin Heritage Trust to create an Aston Martin Village in a premier infield location with an all-weather level surface for the car display.  You will be able to sit and chat in our hospitality area and enjoy the company of the gathered Aston Martin community: catch up on the latest info from AMOC and Works Service and learn more about our history from the Aston Martin Heritage Trust.

We will be showcasing the timeless and elegant DB7, highlighting its important role in the development of the Aston Martin with displays of the classic models that preceded it and those that followed on and took inspiration from the DB7’s innovative styling and production methods. For those DB7s attending on the Saturday there will be a track parade with a certificate for the owner

WHATEVER YOUR CHOICE OF ASTON MARTIN, YOUR CAR WILL BE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE DISPLAY

We want our Aston Martin fans from around the world to be able to come and enjoy a display of cars from vintage and venerable up to the latest supercars

If you would like to enter your DB7 in this special anniversary display: first  purchase your tickets using the Club code to get the Club Package of two adult tickets and an infiield car pass to the all important display area, then please let me know what edition of DB7 you have, full car details and your membership number and on what day(s) you will attending the show so that we can plan the best possible display for each day of the weekend: janenicholls2@aol.com

Full information on this event, including the Club code,  is available from the Home page and in AMN news.
Quote 0 0
breezer
All booked!  Many thanks for organising this, Jane.
Quote 0 0
Mark Chandler
Booked in for Saturday, thanks Jane et al.

Regards Mark
Quote 0 0