Gazebo Jane Show full post »
jonm
Saturday booked - thanks Jane - information sent via email.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
Got an email from the Silverstone Classic organisers yesterday because I attended last year and couldn't see any mention of Aston at all in their advertising.  Other car marques were featured.  Are they keeping us a secret?
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Booked in for Saturday. Is nice weather arranged.
Quote 0 0
Tony_Ellerbeck
Jane

Booked for the weekend and I'll send the details by email

Thanks for all the organisation which is worth loads of pilchards I'm sure! I can't believe that people have not given you more than 4. Scandalous!

Regards

Tony
Quote 0 0
jonm
Tony_Ellerbeck wrote:
I can't believe that people have not given you more than 4. Scandalous!

Sufficiently chastised - fish awarded!  ;D
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Tony_Ellerbeck wrote:

Jane

Booked for the weekend and I'll send the details by email

Thanks for all the organisation which is worth loads of pilchards I'm sure! I can't believe that people have not given you more than 4. Scandalous!

Regards

Tony
Agreed Tony - I have thanked Jane directly for her efforts but will add to your comments above !  It sounds as if it will be an amazing day to me too - hope to see you there !!  Regards 
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
Entries are coming in steadily with Saturday looking like it will be THE day for the DB7s. Could do with a few more cars on Sunday please.

Just had confirmation for any rock fans among you that Bonnie Tyler will be the headline act for the Saturday evening with support from the Woodstock blues legends Canned Heat and tribute bands for Aerosmith, Eagles and Motown music will be appearing over the weekend. Your ticket also  gives you free access to the live music concerts in the evenings.

just a reminder that the closing date for the cheaper tickets is at the end of this month but you have until end of May to  buy tickets to get in to the display. Don't leave it too late!

To  all those of you who have given me 'fish' thank you very much - I normally prefer champagne  - or diamonds - but it is the thought that counts!!
Quote 0 0
Webby
Just think of the pilchards as caviar Jane!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Jane Nicholls wrote:

...the headline act for the Saturday evening with support from the Woodstock blues legends Canned Heat...
Ah Canned Heat, saw them at one of the Hyde Park free concerts back in 1970 the day after Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson's funeral. Sadly, and perhaps predictably, many of the original band have passed away with no original members remaining in the band. That was a good year in the park, I also saw Pink Floyd preview Atom Heart Mother happy days....
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Booked for Saturday as well.....looking forward to it, thanks Jane.
Quote 0 0
geoffd
I've booked for all three days.  Thanks to Jane for all her work in setting this up.

Geoff
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
Booked for Saturday!!!

(Thanks Jane).

Looking forward to it this year even more.
Last year I was hoping to take my little boy but he was only 10 months old and I wasn't sure if he would be able to last the day.
This year he is 20 months old, a bone fide Aston-ite and a real petrol head! Loves cars and loud ones (no idea where he gets it from!) and all being well he should be able to attend and enjoy the day.

Looking forward to meeting some you hopefully, although it's hard to spot people/cars from the forum.

Pre-warning: if a little chap, very dapper dresser and a bit of a charmer, about 20 months old, starts asking you to give him the keys to your Aston, please DONT! He will either slip into the driver seat or find a pretty lady and offer her the keys! I know from personal experience!!! ;D
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
On which page of the Silverstone website the AMDB7 20th anniversary detailed? So far I can only see the Maserati and the Mustang.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Not sure if it's made that site yet but you can find out more here: Rocking and Racing
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
N18WNG wrote:
Looking forward to meeting some you hopefully, although it's hard to spot people/cars from the forum.

I`ll be the bloke driving the Aston
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
Where are all the DB7s that were first off the line at the end of 1994 and what about those made in 1996?

It already looks like we will have a sensational display of 7s over the weekend but ......only three of the i6s made in 1995 and none for 1996.....does anyone know where they are?!
Quote 0 0
wondercat
I am bringing my 1996 model on the Sunday, and have just emailed you details.

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
N18WNG
I am also bringing my 96... will we, early i6'ers be leading the cavalcade? ;D
Quote 0 0
jonm
wondercat wrote:
I am bringing my 1996 model on the Sunday, and have just emailed you details.

Sorry I will miss you Paul, I'm going on Saturday with her "nearly twin" from 1995 
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
I am hoping to do some sort of timeline and divide the straight sixes from the V12s so of course the early i6s will be first on display!

Breaking news....I have managed to get sponsorship to produce a commemorative booklet on the DB7s. Tim Cottingham has very generously agreed  to be the author and, as its Aston Martin, it will of course be to a good standard.

Whenever I visit AMOC displays I have always thought it would enhance my enjoyment if I had some background info  to hand on the cars on display.

Every DB7  owner at the show over the weekend will be given a copy, that's why I needed your details so that the booklet could refer , where possible, to the cars actually on display!
All other Aston Martin owners at SC may have one too but it will be only one copy per car.

So far 165 AM owners have bought tickets and there is still a month to go before the Club deal expires.......its looking set to be a great weekend
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Hi Jane - all I can say is Wow !!  it just gets better and better - what an excellent idea and momento of the day for DB7 owners.  The day itself is going to be fantastic for all concerned and I for one can't wait - thank you again for all your efforts with organising this for everyone. 
Quote 0 0
wondercat
jonm wrote:

Sorry I will miss you Paul, I'm going on Saturday with her "nearly twin" from 1995 

Yes Jon it's a pity we can't make the Saturday. Hope we can get the "twins" together sometime this year.

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Bit off topic but it appears they are also celebrating 50 years of the Ford Mustang at this year's classic.

#ws
Quote 0 0
John Purser
In later years John Wyer had one as his company car. Our President had one in their race team.
There's always an Aston angle.....

Clever filming - I wondered how they were going to do the fireball ending without obliterating the paddock.
Quote 0 0
Gazebo Jane
Latest
There will be almost 200 Aston Martins there over the weekend with a fantastic display of 100 DB7s on the Saturday .
Because of this tremendous turn out we will now be in Centre Car Park 1 - opposite side of the road to where we were last year.
Quote 0 0