sawford Show full post »
Tim M
ALL practice and race results available at  http://www.tsl-timing.com  go to the site, click on HSCC, then select Silverstone Classic----it's all there.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Aaaargh---I've just discovered it's been live on Motors TV all afternoon!!!!
Fortunately they are repeating it from 20:00 on.
They start again on Sunday at 09:00 and are showing the Aston race between 14:00 and 16:30, with a replay at 20:00.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Tim M wrote:

Aaaargh---I've just discovered it's been live on Motors TV all afternoon!!!!
Fortunately they are repeating it from 20:00 on.
They start again on Sunday at 09:00 and are showing the Aston race between 14:00 and 16:30, with a replay at 20:00.

Thanks for that Tim, I'll record it for later viewing when the wife's out!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Tim M wrote:

ALL practice and race results available at   www.tsl-timing.com  go to the site, click on HSCC, then select Silverstone Classic----it's all there.

Thanks, Tim
Quote 0 0
John Purser
A great weekend, a tremendous Classic Aston race on Sunday afternoon, plus a good showing by AMR1 in the Group C race which closed the weekend.
Anyone able to provide a few pictures ?
Many, many thanks to Mark Campbell and his helpers who organised the Paddock brilliantly, as well as everyone who came to race or spectate.
Quote 0 0
annereed
I've got photos both of the aston paddock and tried to capture the feel of the event around the rest of the site with photos. Will get them into a report asap but may not be today!

With promises of photos from several photographers with Media vests, we should be in for a treat.  Mr Toad was also busy with the camera.  If anyone has photos you would like to include under the competitions report so everyone can see them, email them to me at sponsorship@amoc.uk along with a caption for each photo so I know what they are!  Where possible, photos with multiple cars tend to get priority. 

It was a great weekend with the usual wonderful camaraderie everywhere. Just from saying hello to fellow competitors and their teams, we got to see amazing machinery up close. From helping to put stickers on the Graham Hill formula 1 car, to be shown how the first gear broke and gouged the woodwork on a very early Frazer Nash.   Even in the queue for the beer, having the AMOC shirt on started a conversation with someone who had a DB4 but was racing a single seater.

A great weekend.

Anne
Quote 0 0
beershark
Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed meeting a lot of you at the Silverstone meeting this weekend.  I am lost in admiration for how the driver of that Virage managed to get his car through that tiny space.  I couln't have managed it with a lubricant !
Does anyone know who the guy in the grey striped polo shirt was ? He was an AMOC member since he had a AMOC hat. He was the guy who kept saying that he had just tried to buy an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA, but the owner said that he didn't look like he could afford the petrol, let alone the car ! I meant to go and tell him that not all Alfa owners are as rude as that, but when I looked he had gone.  I know that he wanted some info. on the 156 GTA and I'd be more than happy to help him if he gets in touch via this forum.
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
John Purser wrote:

A great weekend, a tremendous Classic Aston race on Sunday afternoon, plus a good showing by AMR1 in the Group C race which closed the weekend.
Anyone able to provide a few pictures ?
Many, many thanks to Mark Campbell and his helpers who organised the Paddock brilliantly, as well as everyone who came to race or spectate.
Yes,many thanks Mark & all your helpers,for organising a superb  Paddock and brilliant racing. ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
beershark wrote:

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed meeting a lot of you at the Silverstone meeting this weekend.  I am lost in admiration for how the driver of that Virage managed to get his car through that tiny space.  I couln't have managed it with a lubricant !
Does anyone know who the guy in the grey striped polo shirt was ? He was an AMOC member since he had a AMOC hat. He was the guy who kept saying that he had just tried to buy an Alfa Romeo 156 GTA, but the owner said that he didn't look like he could afford the petrol, let alone the car ! I meant to go and tell him that not all Alfa owners are as rude as that, but when I looked he had gone.  I know that he wanted some info. on the 156 GTA and I'd be more than happy to help him if he gets in touch via this forum.

http://www.alfaromeo.com is where to look for info on the GTA

EDIT: Got the right Alfa web site at last!
Quote 0 0
beershark
V12 MCC wrote:

beershark wrote:

http://www.alfaromeo.com is where to look for info on the GTA

EDIT: Got the right Alfa web site at last!

Yes, but not if he wants to get in touch with me.
Quote 0 0
lml698
Just a quick note to thank everyone who helped out with the Aston race and Paddock over the W/E.  It was also nice to see so many AMOC members although  I still can't always match forumites with faces. However we do our best to be,  the best paddock and the best race over the W/E and also the most friendly as well as giving our races the best hospitality . Many thanks to our sponsors who allow us to also be the least expensive race to enter ( I think). SO hats off to Post Vintage Engineers, Locktons, First Choice Coffee and Rex J Woodgate ltd. I hope we get the chance to do the same again next year.
Quote 0 0
willga
Just a quick note to congratulate the gentleman in the blue DB7, for putting a ding in the door of my brand new DB7GT.

Honestly, out of everywhere between London and Silverstone, some clown goes and dents my door, in the Aston Martin Owners enclosure, with a DB7!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
YPN4 wrote:

Just a quick note to congratulate the gentleman in the blue DB7, for putting a ding in the door of my brand new DB7GT.

Honestly, out of everywhere between London and Silverstone, some clown goes and dents my door, in the Aston Martin Owners enclosure, with a DB7!

What a shame, there are some exceedigly careless people about. I'd be pretty cross if it happened to me.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
annereed
Motors TV have a schedule showing many of the races from the weekend.  The Aston race is on tomorrow at 16.40 and again on the 6th August.  Schedule is here http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/files/motors_tv_schedule.pdf

Also Dave have an hour's programme on today at 11am + 6pm.  Same one on UKTV 2+1 at 12pm  and 7pm.

Anne
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
The programme on Dave is from 2007.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
YPN4 wrote:

If the paint is undamaged, look at one of those paintless dent repairer such as Dentmaster.  They really are very good and you can't tell after they have finished.  Probably best to ask a dealer who they use - they won't want a muppet practising on their stock.
Quote 0 0
AARONS
I had a great day (Sunday) and got quite burnt too such was the terrific weather. Here's a few snaps I took:

Cheers
Aaron
Quote 0 0
beershark
YPN4 wrote:

Is your car black ?  If so, then I think I saw the incident to which you refer take place, and have reported it in this thread.  I didn't get the number of the other car, though, I am afraid.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Ive been meaning to ask, what are the wheels that the later DB3S's use? With the out edge of the rim protruding out with the spokes laced into it?

Quote 0 0
John Purser
Yes, anyone used to 'normal' wheels would think this bizarre but (I stand to be corrected because I am away at the moment) it was to do with conforming to the FIA designated track for that racing class, or something on those lines.
Quote 0 0
willga
beershark wrote:

Is your car black ?  If so, then I think I saw the incident to which you refer take place, and have reported it in this thread.  I didn't get the number of the other car, though, I am afraid.

No, Chiltern Green.
Aston Kensington said they might have someone who can pop the ding out - next time I'm parking at Tesco's!
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Can somebody confirm where to send pictures too.... sponsorship@amoc.uk doesn't seem to work Ann.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Amoc.org?
Quote 0 0
williamp
John Purser wrote:

Yes, anyone used to 'normal' wheels would think this bizarre but (I stand to be corrected because I am away at the moment) it was to do with conforming to the FIA designated track for that racing class, or something on those lines.

I always believed they were deisgned with this offset to allow space for the disc brake and caliper. I would like to know what the real reason is.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Williamp wrote:

John Purser wrote:

I always believed they were designed with this offset to allow space for the disc brake and caliper. I would like to know what the real reason is.

So if I understand you both correctly it was to accommodate a wider off-set whilst maintaining a narrower track to remain within the regulations for the group it raced in?

Quote 0 0