scoop
Will anybody be attending the Silverstone Classic meeting this year (24th-26th July)? I have been the last couple of years (with another car club) and was hoping there might be an AMOC presence this year. It has a new organiser this year (again!), but I'm hoping the format hasn't been changed too much as it's usually a very enjoyable weekend.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
There is no all-Aston race this year 
Astons may be eligible for other races.
The new organiser is offering the same BOGOF ticket deal and the option of parking (for Astons only) in a midfield carpark. 
Quote 0 0
scoop
Hi John,

Do you have the club code for the BOGOF offer? Or do you know who does?

Thanks

Simon
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Sorry, not with me at work.
Can I suggest you ask the Club HQ - Audrey should have this.
Quote 0 0
scoop
Thanks John. Will ask Audrey.
Quote 0 0
Ian Barclay
In case you do not know, I am told by Garry Taylor who is organising the Aston parking pitch for us this year that the BOGOF booking code is SC09AMO.
Closing date 30th June.
Hope it helps
Quote 0 0
scoop
Thanks Ian. I've bought my tickets and look forward to meeting any other owners attending.
Quote 0 0
scoop
Thought I'd bump this thread to see who else will be attending.
Quote 0 0
camel
I will be there on Saturday assuming the tickets arrive in time.

Cameron
Quote 0 0
williamp
I'll be there but with the jaguar lot...
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Were any Forumites amongst those whose feet I may have (inadvertently) trodden on in the dark at the Carlos Santana gig last night ? Talk about a high energy band. To me, wonderful balance of vocals/brass/Hammond/percussion/bass and Carlos' impeccable guitar. And the racing during the day was good, too - quite a few cars out, including Wolfgang Friedrichs with a 214. I counted at least 30 cars in our car-parking area.
Quote 0 0
williamp
Was there on sunday and it was a great event. Loved the AMOC marquee too. A great showing for the marque
Quote 0 0
scoop
Was there both Saturday and Sunday but didn't stay for the concerts as I going home every day.
Enjoyable event and a good turn out for the marque. Loved seeing the DB4 GT Zagatos on the track...
Quote 0 0
tim_c
I went to the gig and was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it

I now think I didn't actallly firn the AMOC parking - found about 10 cars with no tent of flags - where did go wrong?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Will had his tongue in his cheek. Some facilities were available but I understand a shortage of volunteers (for what is after all a 3 day event) hampered the Club's efforts.
Quote 0 0