Thibaut

With St John Horsfall looking very much to take place behind closed doors and obviously no autumn concours I feel we don’t have much to look forward to.

perhaps other members feel like me but I really miss a decent occasion to drive my car before the season is over.

Some sections are meeting up for drinks which is fine but what I would prefer is a decent opportunity to have a proper drive. 

Would there be any interest for a bit of road rallye on some nice roads ? Even a track day on some low cost tracks ? Even with 5-6 cars we could arrange something worthwhile. The weather is ok and we could have a sandwich at the end.

any idea welcome. I would travel from london but don’t mind if we can find a decent bit of road.

Quote 0 0
ClassicV8
Depending on where and when, would be up for a run out (no track days for me though). Would have to be in the V8V as the V8 engine is not back yet.
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Thibaut et al.
The English rules clearly limit meetings to 6 people whether inside or out unless it is a business meeting. We believe that the authorities would consider any AMOC member meeting as being a Social meeting but that the Area Reps Meeting would be allowed because it is a business meeting. So it is going ahead.

The rules are different in Wales where up to 30 are allowed to gather outside but must stick to Rule of 6 if going inside.

All very frustrating but we must stick within the rules.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Silverman
p.s. re salon prive on 26/9 it seems like all the members' clubs' tickets are sold out now apart from the Bentley Drivers Club https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/car-clubs/
Quote 0 0
Thibaut

Hi Richard

of course we will abide by the law (I am halfway through quarantine after getting back from france...)
If we just plan a rallye and people stay in their cars ?
Alternatively, i am looking for an excuse to go to wales. I have very found memories of driving the ‘evo triangle’.
drive to wales, have a nice picnic outside. I doubt we will have more than 30 people in attendance.

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
A picnic in Wales where you observe social distancing is entirely within the law as it stands today.
I think there is general concern that if a group of AMOC Astons are seen out, in contravention of the rules, then it will reflect very badly on AMOC which it would.
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
rcfurse wrote:

I think there is general concern that if a group of AMOC Astons are seen out, in contravention of the rules, then it will reflect very badly on AMOC which it would.

fully agreed
I am only looking for a vague occasion to have fun driving (black tie parties are less attractive to me, obviously a personal choice)

without being negative, I am not sure 2021 will be back to normal and I fear we may have to cancel further large events at the current rate of progress. So while we have sunshine, we may as well make the best out of it. 
Quote 1 0
gtjoey
We are doing just that today!
Will post this afternoon after our informal picnic lunch!
gtjoey1314
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Thibaut I share your view.
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
gtjoey wrote:
We are doing just that today!
Will post this afternoon after our informal picnic lunch!
gtjoey1314

good man !
Quote 0 0
jb1
I haven’t been able to contact the organiser to verify,  but the winchester heritage days website is still showing an all makes moving parade of classics around Winchester next sunday - 

https://www.winchesterheritageopendays.org/in-person-events/2020/9/19/classic-and-sport-car-display-at-winchester-cathedral
Quote 0 0
Bournemouthboy
Looking at the MG owners site it appears this has been cancelled

https://winchestermgoc.com/upcoming-events/

Quote 0 0
David Lewington
I've been out of the UK since February due to Covid but retuning on Wednesday. After two weeks weeks in self isolation I'll be taking one of the Astons down to Cornwall to visit my father. Can't wait to get behind the wheel again. I'll be going down on Sunday 4th October and taking the A303. Happy to hook up with anyone else that wants to go for a drive. 
Quote 0 0
nmv2and3
David, if the last few days are anything to go by, you'll not be going for a drive but for a park
Quote 0 0