SGM
Hi All

Inlaws surprised me by presenting me with weekend and camping tickets to the Belgium Grand Prix at Spa this year for Christmas. One caveat is I have to take my Father in law, but apart from the fact he barely drinks he's very good company.

So we'll be heading off from Newport Pagnel to The Ardennes for 22-24th August and wondering if anyone else has tickets and interested in a convoy?

It would have been better to go to the 24hr race as an homage to the Spa Special and actually seen some Astons but really looking forward to it anyway as I've not been to the circuit before.

Any takers?
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SGM wrote:

Hi All

Inlaws surprised me by presenting me with weekend and camping tickets to the Belgium Grand Prix at Spa this year for Christmas. One caveat is I have to take my Father in law, but apart from the fact he barely drinks he's very good company.

So we'll be heading off from Newport Pagnel to The Ardennes for 22-24th August and wondering if anyone else has tickets and interested in a convoy?

It would have been better to go to the 24hr race as an homage to the Spa Special and actually seen some Astons but really looking forward to it anyway as I've not been to the circuit before.

Any takers?

You will love the F1 atmosphere my friend. We did Singapore last year which was awesome and we are doing Monoco this year so looking forward to that one too.

It also helps as having a good mate as one of the F1 teams main race team manager.

Hope you have a great time and take plenty of money as you will need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
The Spa circuit is awesome but there is a lot more to it than Eau Rouge so make sure you have a walk round the back of the circuit where there are more challenging corners .
Quote 0 0
SGM
They pulled the same trick for Silverstone a few years ago, so I have some experience of the F1 atmosphere. Camping next to highly enthusiastic music lovers only slightly more annoying than my Brother and Farther in law's snoring.

It was a truely miserable day for weather, brollies interlockled like the Roman army. It was also one of the finest meals I have ever had - a cornish pastie - it was warm that's all that mattered.

Fortunately Lewis won that day, up until then it could have gone either way in the memory banks, apparently camping at these events is part of the fun.

Appreciate we need to do the whole of Spa but thanks for the encouragement.

As for £XXXs needed at a race track on GP day - I'm surprised.....
Quote 0 0
John Purser
SGM wrote:
As for £XXXs needed at a race track on GP day - I'm surprised.....

v12 volante man possibly warning about exotic tastes - maybe he thinks you'll be demanding a Cornish Pasty from the Spa caterers.... ;D
(Spa is a great circuit - someone may join you. Try a letter in the AMN as well as here)
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John Purser wrote:

v12 volante man possibly warning about exotic tastes - maybe he thinks you'll be demanding a Cornish Pasty from the Spa caterers.... ;D
(Spa is a great circuit - someone may join you. Try a letter in the AMN as well as here)

Public side, plenty of dosh required as things are very expensive if you need to buy anything but the side we go into its all complimentary which is great.

Its who you know and not what you know in F1 world.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
v12 volante man wrote:
Its who you know and not what you know in F1 world.

One wonders if the person running it will be relying on that......
Quote 0 0
SGM
Its how he knows them thats the problem.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
SGM wrote:

Its how he knows them thats the problem.

Meaning what exactly???
Quote 0 0