chilterngreen Show full post »
John Purser
Rich5ltr wrote:

Mark Donoghue wrote:

1. Pride of Ownership – a class for cars in regular/semi regular use, which may have been changed beyond the manufacturer’s specification or raced.   ....  If the winner of this class wishes to compete again, he must enter the main stream class appropriate to his car.
Hi Mark, can I ask a naive question then? So on the basis that the winner of the POO class has crackle black cam covers, and that he must now enter the appropriate main-stream class; am I right in my conclusion that he must either revert to having standard cam covers or be open to ridicule for such an outrageous modification to his Aston (and of course stand little chance of a class win)

I don't think judges would take 20 points off for crackle black -  maybe for pink  ;D

If he won POO then he must have a superb car & would have a good chance in the next category up.
It just depends who else enters and what the cars are like. The standard is very high in all classes. A change doesn't rule you out, just drops you back. He could/would comeback in other areas.
(Dons Brer Rabbit disguise) I'se bin judgin' for twenny years and de cars, dey jus' get better'n'better.

And if anyone wants to start judging, you're always welcome to join in. Just drop Mark a line. You'll be explained/shown the ropes and given every encouragement and help - and have a lot of fun, seeing cars from (literally and figuratively) a different angle.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Thanks John, the reason I ask is that I'm very keen to take the challenge to Tony's beautiful MK III but I'm also keen to add some tasteful and in keeping for the period modifications, like fitting triple SU's and Borranis with Pirelli Cinturatos  ;D

p.s. John, I've not forgotten your kind offer to call in for a coffee and look over my car some time, thing is back in Easter when we suggested it I didn't think the car would still be at Salisbury with David and team! Fingers crossed I might be being reunited with it tomorrow    I've still got a call to make in the morning though...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
MPD
Webby wrote:

There's a part of the world the internet has not reached? If you flew there then the internet is there.  >
Ha!  I flew there in an aircraft piloted by myself.  An Island in the Bahamas which is just a runway and a 3 room hotel, with no internet facilities or cars! I have to do a low pass over the runway to clear it of chickens and goats, before I make a final approach and landing!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Rich5ltr wrote:

Mark Donoghue wrote:

1. Pride of Ownership – a class for cars in regular/semi regular use, which may have been changed beyond the manufacturer’s specification or raced.   ....  If the winner of this class wishes to compete again, he must enter the main stream class appropriate to his car.
Hi Mark, can I ask a naive question then? So on the basis that the winner of the POO class has crackle black cam covers, and that he must now enter the appropriate main-stream class; am I right in my conclusion that he must either revert to having standard cam covers or be open to ridicule for such an outrageous modification to his Aston (and of course stand little chance of a class win)
The winner of the Pride of Ownership Class, although not entirely standard, was cleaner by far than some of the mainstream Newport Pagnell 8 cyl Class entrants (and also Modern Class for that matter too).  This will give him a good chance of scoring highly when he enters NP 8 cyl class, even though there are some non standard features on this car.  It all depends on the competion in that class on the day!
Quote 0 0
MPD
geewizzpip wrote:

Very helpful Mark, thanks.  However the point of some posts was asking why there was no Newcomers Class as a separate class for which one entered separately, as there used to be.
It was discussed at the Concours seminar and agreed by the Concours board that we should streamline the classes and do away with an actual newcomers class.  The best newcomer is still rewarded however, regardless of the class he has entered.
Quote 0 0