MPD
Here are the results of the Spring Concours 2011 at Althorp House.  Thanks to everyone who took part and hope to see you on the 25th September for the autum event!

Mark
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thank you Mark.
Quote 0 0
DB7Dom
Like wise thank you Mark, sorry we didn't find time for a chat on Sunday but well done for a great day and the enormous amount of work you and all the team all put in.
Everybody who went told me it was one of the best SC yet and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Regards as ever,
Dom.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I heard Mark D won two trophies.....look!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
If you can't win something when you organise it it's a poor do!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Mike Smith wrote:

I heard Mark D won two trophies.....???
Two trophies?? I didn't even enter a car! Do you think anyone will be suspicious?

Thanks for all your kind words, I am honoured to be involved in the organisation of Concours, but there is a large team behind me that deserve the credit also!

Mark
Quote 0 0
vrooom
You replied before the photo evidence had loaded.... ;D
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Mark, I can't believe you only have 10 pilchards so have another one for an excellent event.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Yes why don't we all give Mark a pilchard in recognition of his & his team's efforts?

;D
Roger I
Quote 0 0
holllandn
Yes indeed a pilchard. One question. Shouldn't the Newport Pagnell 8cyl Class be renamed Newport Pagnell 8cyl+ Class if it now includes Vanquish?
Quote 0 0
philmw
David and I each lost 4 marks for having too many cylinders.

I agree it should be renamed - "V cars" would be best.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Nick H wrote:

Yes indeed a pilchard. One question. Shouldn't the Newport Pagnell 8cyl Class be renamed Newport Pagnell 8cyl+ Class if it now includes Vanquish?
Don't you think Vanquish should be in their own class?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
philmw
Wedgie wrote:

Don't you think Vanquish should be in their own class?
Or have either one "V car" class or two "NP V8" and "Vanquish" classes depending on the number of entries.  Too many classes equals not enough competition.  Too few classes equals unfairness in age - the current NP class spans 38 years of cars, and moreover, cars that are only 4 years old to those that are over 40!
Quote 0 0
MPD
Nick H wrote:

Newport Pagnell 8 Cylinder Class does include Vanquish, as they were built in NP.

The name

'Newport Pagnell 8 Cylinder and Vanquish 12 Cylinder Class'

is too long to fit on the trophy! I agree that we should call this class Newport Pagnell 'V' Class. I will put it on the agenda for the Concours Seminar in January for approval.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Wedgie wrote:

Yes why don't we all give Mark a pilchard in recognition of his & his team's efforts?

;D
...bring on the fish! Thanks!!
Quote 0 0
vrooom
and a (bad) egg cup for the Cygnet class...
Quote 0 0