v12 volante man
Wedgie wrote:

Did I ask about effin teddies?

That could have been his name " Effin " or was it " Effoff". LOL
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Purest Green wrote:

Nice little Concours video by Nicholas Mee:

A great insight in to the history of concours and where it all began and how they played it back then.

It was great to see that the French back in the day had cuddly toys sat on the top of their radiators ( 1.09 in).Not a Teddy but a cuddly toy all the same and I bet the lady adorning the car was not docked any points either for having it there. LOL
Quote 0 0
fergymax
Wow I'm in the video  banana! Nobody discussed my image rights  however lovely to see GT12 in there (class winner  Angel!) great video Mr Mee 
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

Wow I'm in the video  banana! Nobody discussed my image rights  however lovely to see GT12 in there (class winner  Angel!) great video Mr Mee 

LOL and +1 Andrew, your famous. Have you asked for your royalty payments yet??

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Wedgie wrote:

I thought the Autumn Concours (d'Etat) was undecided or are you referring to the Concours d'Elegance at Hampton Court?

If the Spring Concours is in 'far flung' Wales shouldn't the Autumn Concours be in the centre, maybe near NP?

Roger I
Quote 0 0
John Purser

I see Aston Teddies have been deleted from the club shop list now too.
Available as a continuation production run. If your name is on the list, you'll be discretely asked if you'd like to reserve your production spot.
Quote 0 0
fergymax
banana! got mine, it might be valued as much as the cygnet in 50 years time then 
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

banana! got mine, it might be valued as much as the cygnet in 50 years time then 

LMAO.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Some good news.

Entry to the Spring Concours at St Athan will be complimentary for members. Those arriving in Aston Martins will be directed into the hangars to park. Members arriving in anything other than an Aston Martin may still gain free entry but will be parked outside in a general parking area.

This wishing to enter their car into the Concours will pay a nominal £10 to cover admin costs.

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Garry Taylor wrote:

9 April 2017 is the same day as Simply Aston Martin at Beaulieu.

Just to confirm that Simply Aston Martin at Beaulieu is now on Sunday 2nd April. https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-aston-martin/
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
"This wishing to enter their car into the Concours will pay a norming £10 to cover admin costs."

Bit early for you to be pissshhht Mr Chairman (Concours)? .....Maybe you had just arrived home from an overnight St.Athan Scouting Mission....;-)
Quote 0 0
MPD
Thanks M'Lord 
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
lloniannau fy ffrind.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I thought you were a dai-ed in the wool Essex man?
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Mark,
When can we start signing up for Spring Concours entry please ?

Intriguingly, I met "Dave" who owns the local pub at St.Ethan. A Jag chap but has some fascinating motor stories - such as, after being the (soooo lucky) under-bidder for J.Saville's Corniche, did not subsequently bid on P.McCartney's DB4 (with original 45rpm record player) should revelations subsequently appear about him too !

We might try to pop in to see him. Shame I didn't get his number.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Very astute Mr Chairman Sir....but might I venture not QUITE so accurate as you normally are?

Surely, to achieve the maximum impact of your undoubted drollness, you should have typed "Dai-ed" ? ;-)

New Year felicitations to you and The Lovely Lady Sara.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
You are indeed on the ball - but I didn't use Google Translate to see what you meant.
Maybe I should? 
Greetings reciprocated.
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Knowing our Chairman(Concours)'s deep affection for all things west of the border, I thought I would try to make him feel homesick whilst he is probably relaxing with a Mai Tai in 30C sunshine around a pool somewhere in the Far East (NO, not Shoebury East Beach!) by recalling some of the phrases I learned from the senior miners, whilst serving my apprenticeship down The Essex pits - "cheers my friend". ;-)
Quote 0 0
Gav C
Well that's me out of the concours! My other favourite passion wins here Skiing! And with the Autumn one being far to far away, it's all about '18 season location??
Good luck to all those who enter, "Keep Polishing!"
Quote 0 0