jhoneyball Show full post »
John Purser
Olympus wrote:

Reminds me of the Bulldog .... It could also be called Vanquish Smiley !

I think the Bulldog normally had a    face  but a  > one with the lights up and possibly a  :'( one when it was raining (and maybe the owner did this  when it stopped a few minutes after leaving the Works when finally sold....!)
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
I believe the buyer was alerted beforehand as to what he was getting into ...
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Anyone know where it is now? Saw it at Silverstone once, looked fantastic.

Back on subject can I assume the auction is still on Saturday and the concours on Sunday? (Don't have a next year's calander yet.)
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
The concours at Silverstone never really worked IMHO, and I do not believe was the Club's first choice usually. It's always much better as a single event or with the auction, the tempo of which seems to match well.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Anyone know where it is now? Saw it at Silverstone once, looked fantastic.
It lived in LA for many years. There was a sighting 3 (?) years ago at an AML dealer in the UK.

Back on subject can I assume the auction is still on Saturday and the concours on Sunday? (Don't have a next year's calander yet.)
That is correct, but the Concours weekend involves more than just the competition. Visit to a vineyard, dinner at Beaulieu, Sunday Concours and Sunday (evening) dinner on Warrior. Followed by Brands Hatch on the Monday. Although there is a hotel booked by the Club and coaches laid on, the New Forest is well served with B&Bs. Tourist Information helped us find something quickly a few weeks ago.

I believe the buyer was alerted beforehand as to what he was getting into ...
It was a rather involved story, and has improved considerably over the years with the application of wines and spirits but the above statement is substantially correct 
Quote 0 0
jhoneyball
I understand that it is in storage in norfolk, at Strattons facility

Pity, it should be out and about.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Jon, I think you are right.

;D

ps. I for one, liked the Concours at Silverstone!
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
HiHoDB6 wrote:

If Beaulieu was thought to be the venue with a posh house that is as far away from Scotland as possible (to keep the likes of NtV away) then I should point out that Southampton has flights to Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Edinburgh with fares at less than it costs in petrol to drive from Surrey.

One day, my friend, one day.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
jhoneyball wrote:

I understand that it is in storage in norfolk, at Strattons facility

Pity, it should be out and about.

Now THAT would be a restoration project!
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Neil the Vet wrote:

HiHoDB6 wrote:

If Beaulieu was thought to be the venue with a posh house that is as far away from Scotland as possible (to keep the likes of NtV away) then I should point out that Southampton has flights to Aberdeen, Glasgow, and Edinburgh with fares at less than it costs in petrol to drive from Surrey.

Dunblane Hydro would be a great place to have an event in . Why not propose an event in Scotland  in 2008 ?

In full support of this , actually .
Quote 0 0
philmw
I'm sure I saw the Bulldog in the garage just down the road from Grand Central station in New York January last year.  Can't remember the garage name; on the corner of Park or Madison?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Olympus wrote:

Neil the Vet wrote:

HiHoDB6 wrote:

Dunblane Hydro would be a great place to have an event in . Why not propose an event in Scotland  in 2008 ?

In full support of this , actually .

Agree with this wholeheartedly. A great opportunity to dine with NtV again.
Quote 0 0
williamp
philmw wrote:

I'm sure I saw the Bulldog in the garage just down the road from Grand Central station in New York January last year.  Can't remember the garage name; on the corner of Park or Madison?

CJ !!!!!!!!!  If the Bulldog is in NY, I'm sure the excellent sleuthing iof CJ will find it.

If not, I'm over there in Feb and I'll have a look. This garage you mentioned Phil. I assume you cannot simply walk into it and have a look around?
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Phill as both park and madison are avenues they dont have a corner, so which street? Shame CJ is not into photography, he could have gone and got a photo.
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
AR, your dyslexia led you astray - he said corner of Park or Madison NOT Park and Madison

There are a number of high-end showrooms on Park, north of the Chrysler building - Mercedes, Audi and Ferrari, IIRC.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
That will teach me to try and be clever, I should know my place by now  :-[
Quote 0 0
philmw
Quite possibly the Fezza garage on the corner (or "cross" as they say) of Park and 55th.
Quote 0 0
HiHoDB6
Neil the Vet wrote:

HiHoDB6 wrote:

I was discussing the possibility of a drive up to Scotland in HiHoSilver with the wife for a holiday at some time in the future - I would (of course) bring my 1/8 Scots (Maclean, Affleck, Lochiel, and Geddes) and 1/8 Irish (Hodder, Kift and Lee) ancestry with me - so I expect I would blend in with ease
Quote 0 0
astro
I have to comment that the last time a Concours was held at Beaulieu, about 20 years ago if my memory serves correctly, it was an absolute disaster with only about 23 cars entered and not many spectators. In fact one of our Cof M members was persuaded to enter his new Vauxhall Cavalier on the day (Associate class), in order to make up the numbers. I can only hope that the 2007 event will fare better, especially as it falls in the middle of the club tour to N.E. Spain and Portugal. Not good planning!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Your memory has been Glenmorangied !
It was about 10 (?) years ago. The entry was down but not dire. That could also be said of the (possible) effect of several other venues we have used.
As for the new Vauxhall Cavalier, that was at Stanway (a superb venue IMHO) maybe 18 years ago.. I know, I had to judge the b.... thing (and a TR2 bodyshell, delivered on a trailer)
When I see the standard of entry these days, we've come a long way.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
All I know is that, IMHO, Brooklands (i.e. the last/latest concours) was a superb event - beautiful weather, gorgeous cars, and a great turnout. The whole thing was a huge credit to Mark and the gang.

Viva AMOC concours, I say, and I don't even compete.
Quote 0 0