MPD
BROUGHTON CASTLE CANCELLED - NEW VENUE - WADDESDON MANOR

Marc Aylott and I were summoned by Lord Saye to visit Broughton Castle, as he was concerned that the grass may be too soft for cars to park on. We inspected the lawns yesterday, which were completely sodden, but more importantly the general parking area was under 6 inches of water and had ducks swimming on it!

As there are no other hard standing areas to park and there is little chance of the general parking area drying out enough in the next 2 weeks before this event,  I have decided that it's not be possible to stage our Spring Concours at Broughton Castle.

Alternative venues at this late juncture have proved difficult and are either booked or not suitable, however Waddesdon Manor where we have staged Concours previously, are able to accommodate us.

More details will appear on the Concours section of the website in the next few days.
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Looks a great alternative at this late stage
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
What a pain Mark, most frustrating for you but well done on getting an alternative venue organised so quickly.
Fortunately, Waddesdon Manor is no further afield from Oriel, so those attending the International Dinner and staying in Oxford the night before will be able to get there just as easily. Lets hope the day is fine and sunny for all of us.
Quote 0 0
warrior
Well done Mark. I know it has been a lot of work making this late change and I am very grateful to you and your team for all the hard work you are having to put in to make it happen. It is the first major event of my chairmanship and as Michael said lets hope for nice weather and a great day of fun with our cars and our friends. I will be there! JG
Quote 0 0
astro
Good luck Mark and the team. Waddesdon is a fine venue and the three AMOC Concours which I organised there were all very successful with three hundred cars in attendance on one occasion. Lets hope that the weather is good.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I look forward to meeting you all there.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
MPD
Thanks for your kind words; we are all on track and hoping for good weather. Great news for visiting members also:

• Entry prices are:
    [*]Adult: £6.50
    [*]Child: £3.50
    [*]Family: £16.50

[*]The Jaguar Supercar Club, our invited guests, are bringing 8 XJ220’s!

[*]Tours of the house are available at a discounted price on production of your membership card and the wine cellars are open from noon.

[*]We are estimating in excess of 75 cars in the Concours.

[*]Our display car is the DB4GT Zagato - registration 2VEV, raced at Le Mans by Roy Salvadori and Jim Clark.

See you there!
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Bloody well done, Mark.
Quote 0 0
p44tvr
Well done on the Venue change at such short notice.

Does anyone know what time cars entered in the Concours should arrive by ?

Regards
Geoff
Quote 0 0
MPD
Hello Geoff

You can arrive at Waddesdon Manor from 0830hrs if you are an entrant and 0900hrs if you're a visiting member. Here's a timetable of events:

08:30         Concours open for entrants/judges for signing-on

09:00         Open for general admission

10:00         Judges briefing in AMOC marquee

10:30         Judging commences

11:00         Walkabout commentary commences

12:00         Champagne Taittinger available at AMOC         marquee

13:00         Judging finishes

15:00         Prize-giving

16:00         End
Quote 0 0
p44tvr
Thanks Marc

Fingers crossed for good weather

Geoff
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Not looking good for Sunday. 18mm of rain forecast with moderate to heavy rain all afternoon. Oh the joys of an English summer !!!!
Quote 0 0
12 POT
I have never visited Waddesdon Manor before and I'm curious about the parking arrangements, particularly, if we are due to see very heavy rainfall.  For those of us turning up, but not entering the concourse competition, is the parking on grass?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Hard standing. Only problem, it's a bit of a hike to the house and the area used for the Concours. It's a good set-up for Concours and the only reason to leave it was that we needed somewhere 'new'.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Is there an AMOC only parking area?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I expect you'll get a more detailed reply soon but I remember from 3 or 4 years ago that the concours cars were displayed on gravel in front of the house with member's Astons parked either side of the driveway. Once that was full we parked randomly up the hill and in side car parks which were not segregated in any way. There was also some parking on a grassed area to the side of the house down towards the stables but that may be too wet.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Russell
what he just said
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
seconded. 
Quote 0 0