Webby Show full post »
rik2
John Purser wrote:

It means members who don't have tickets anyway will not have to pay to to enter the circuit.
John, I hope Silverstone are aware of this and that they have told the people on the gates, as we all know they can be real "Jobsworths" at Silverstone.
Quote 0 0
grayclose31
I would like to attend the meeting at Silverstone but would like some info on Camping for the weekend.

I would like to arrive on Friday Evening and leave on Sunday.

Are there camping Facilities and if so how much and who do i contact?

Grass Pitch Preffered.

Thanks
Chris.
Quote 0 0
pjmnppg
John Purser wrote:

It means members who don't have tickets anyway will not have to pay to to enter the circuit.
John
If members don't need to pay why did the following come out to area reps to pass on to members?

Dear All

Now available via the Club email, a presentation folder with two ( admission tickets, price £14, this is a saving of £6 on the normal cost of
entry , email your requirements giving postal address to silverstonetickets@amoc.org , we will post the same day and include an
invoice.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
pjm wrote:

John
If members don't need to pay why did the following come out to area reps to pass on to members?

Dear All

Now available via the Club email, a presentation folder with two ( admission tickets, price £14, this is a saving of £6 on the normal cost of
entry , email your requirements giving postal address to silverstonetickets@amoc.org , we will post the same day and include an
invoice.
It's my clear understanding (and see the comment from Angus Dent below) that members will enter free on production of a valid AMOC membership card .
The member, not a non-member wife/girlfriend/maiden aunt/brother etc  unless they have family membership.
This discount offer was intended for those bringing a group - or possibly sending them to friends. Hence the presentation folder.
Hope that clarifies things.
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Thats how I read it too.  But can't find a thing in AMOC monthly.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
> :-( :'( :-( > :-[ > :'( :-[

I regret that despite that which I (and you) had been led to believe (free tickets for Members to enter the Circuit) this cannot now take place.
For this reason, the discounted ticket offer was publicised, which is pretty good value.
For those who may feel mislead, my sincere personal apologies for having to be the messenger with bad news.
Quote 0 0
rik2
grayclose31 wrote:

I would like to attend the meeting at Silverstone but would like some info on Camping for the weekend.

I would like to arrive on Friday Evening and leave on Sunday.

Are there camping Facilities and if so how much and who do i contact?

Grass Pitch Preffered.

Thanks
Chris.
Not sure as I have never camped at Silverstone, If I was you I would look on the Silverstone website.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Rikki Cann wrote:

Not sure as I have never camped at Silverstone, If I was you I would look on the Silverstone website.
Lots of people camp/motor-home/caravan during the Silverstone Classic.
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Ordering tickets on-line is not a good deal if you only want 1or2 tickets. There is a handling and postage charge of £3 which for one ticket makes the price £11 so may as well buy your ticket at the gate.
Quote 0 0
Geoff_V8
John Purser wrote:

Lots of people camp/motor-home/caravan during the Silverstone Classic.
There isn't normally any public camping within the circuit, there has been some just outside the permiter fence recently but your best bet is to contact the circuit.
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
John Purser wrote:

> :-( :'( :-( > :-[ > :'( :-[

I regret that despite that which I (and you) had been led to believe (free tickets for Members to enter the Circuit) this cannot now take place.
For this reason, the discounted ticket offer was publicised, which is pretty good value.
For those who may feel mislead, my sincere personal apologies for having to be the messenger with bad news.


Oh well.

Any news on a provisional entery list from comps yet Webby??
Quote 0 0
annereed
I've passed the request on for the provisional entry list to go up, so hopefully will be there sometime today.

Anne
Quote 0 0
Webby
Now online. Silverstone Entry List 2010
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Thanks guys.
Quote 0 0
monster
Hi James,
please note the Horsfall race is at 1.05pm, hope you can get there in time for the "music"!!
Simon. ???
Quote 0 0
marcos
I did hear a rumour that there will be the option of 'parade laps' for the cars if we with to pay for them over the lunchtime break? Anything I should do in advance to confirm this as I'd be very keen!

Hopefully I will arrive early enough anyway 

Edited to add - page 3 of this thread indicates just a parade of DBS cars??
Quote 0 0
99hjhm
Don't think I will, we shall see.  :-[
Quote 0 0
williamp
Well done to everyone invovled in organising and working towards today. As a spectator with no idea what goes on behind the scenes, we enjoyed good grids of good racing with some magnificant cars on display.

The 60th St John Horsfall meeting was, from my perspective as a paying punter, a success!


(although next year dont hold it on the same day as another Aston event)
Quote 0 0
stevobland
I agree with William, superb day, well organized. We enjoyed having the ability to walk around the paddock and mix with the drivers & mechanics. Well done to all concerned, even managed to organise the weather  ;D
As it's local to me, I went  to the auction preview last evening. Personally a good choice. (For which read 'Cheaper'
Be interested to find out what sold and how many cars didn't make reserve...
Quote 0 0
williamp
Images and results of the auction are online. The link wont work, but if you look here:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=Catalogue&iSaleNo=18211

you can view by lot, and they show the sale price. At £84k, it seems others are feeling the wedge!
Quote 0 0
rik2
A big thank you to all the AMOC for organising such a great day, I thought that starting Dave Ellis and Tom Black at the back of the grid in the inter marque race was a great idea I am sure the spectators enjoyed it I know I did as every time they came past me I had a great view of both beasts in action meaning cars not Dave or Tom
Quote 0 0
annereed
What a good day it was.  Thoroughly enjoyed it. 

If anyone has a picture of me being punted off at beckets, would be interested to see a copy as got out expecting to see damage on one side and found it was on the other side!  Still managed to finish (thankfully the gravel trap has been changed to hard standing) and not lose a place but a bit of work to do before the next one in 2 weeks.

It would be good to see your favourite photos being added to the Forum Gallery.

Anne
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Rikki Cann wrote:

A big thank you to all the AMOC for organising such a great day, I thought that starting Dave Ellis and Tom Black at the back of the grid in the inter marque race was a great idea I am sure the spectators enjoyed it I know I did as every time they came past me I had a great view of both beasts in action meaning cars not Dave or Tom
Never seen a banana look so mean and go so fast banana banana
Quote 0 0
monster
Dad and I had the best day out racing for years, it was nice to meet old and new friends(as usual spectators came up to us saying they remembered the car from many years ago in Bob Fowler's hands, 1952 was the year this time!). We  had a fright in practice when ALL the water was lost when the water pump drain tap decided to defy gravity and open (all 12 litres of water was drained out!), but no apparent damage was done.
It was comps idea to ask David to join the Intermarque grid, judging from the grins and comments from the winner and 2nd place man , his car was very much welcomed and enjoyed.
A big thank you to all members who made the whole event run so well, entrants , officials and helpers. Simon. ;D ;D ;D
There is also a rather good report in this weeks Autosport.PS ANY PHOTOs OF CAR 7 would be most appreciated. >
Quote 0 0