Tim M
Is there going to be an AMOC presence at the Stoneleigh Historic Motorsport Show later this month?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
None planned
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Shame, but I will still have a great time. ( Fri and Sat).
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Tim M wrote:

Shame, but I will still have a great time. ( Fri and Sat).

When is it Tim?

RC
Quote 0 0
Webby
23-25 March.

http://www.historicmotorsportshow.com/
Quote 0 0
Tim M
As an 'Old Fart' who was around when Jim Clark was driving Lotus Cortinas as well as F1 and Aston was winning Le Mans I can HIGHLY recommend this show. There is so much to see and drool over---there is something for everybody including modern stuff and if you're into bikes (I'm not) Agostini was there last year, Rallying--Paddy Hopkirk, all the McRaes etc!
It is ace, traffic is not a problem, definitely one for the calendar!
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I'll be up at the 'crack of sparrows' tomorrow and flying down to Birmingham then on to Stoneleigh--I'll be looking out for any AMOC badge wearers.
Mine will be bolted to a Barbour type jacket with a skinny 'grumpy old man' inside! Do say hello.   
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Enjoy, Tim ! Looks like it will be a good 'do'.
Let's have your views on it afterwards, please !
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I'm back from my venture south. It was colder down there than it is up here---'global warming'---where!
The show was excellent and bigger than ever, loads of fantastic cars (not an Aston to be seen, except on a trailer at the front door!).
Bugattis, Alfas, Ferraris were well represented.
The Model Car and Auto Art selection was incredible---I used great restraint and didn't buy anything but I was sorely tempted!
The Bonham's auction had the most gorgeous 1938 Lagonda V12 for sale, it looked immaculate and I was surprised to see that it sold for just £34,000---somebody got a bargain.(or maybe it wasn't as good as it looked!).
There were a few Astons in the car park including a rather nice DB7V GT in dark green with yellow highlighting round the grille, a very tasty blue DB6 and of course V8Vs and DB9s.
It was nice to see a DB7V in the car park at Aberdeen Airport, it looked a lot prettier than the THREE  Bentleys that were there (common as muck!)
I'll stick a few photos in later.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Tim's Photos:

Quote 0 0
RCVantage
That Blue 6 looks amazing...

RC
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
the dark green Vantage is mine,(not a GT, like to confuse people with the badge!)
Excellent show, spent more time chatting to old mates than looking at the displays.
John
Quote 0 0
Tim M
I sussed it wasn't a GT but didn't like to say anything--good looking car though. Like you I spent a lot of time blethering but
over 2 days managed to see it all.
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
special order colour, plus the rear light conversion and the dark glass,built for a London DJ apparently.
Car was(is) filthy as from there i went onto Southwold for the weekend, i must say i do enjoy using it
John
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Let's take a look at the rear light conversion.  Do you have a picture?
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
yes, but i'm not sure how to post it ???
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Click the additional options twisty when you have the reply to post window open, you'll see a place to attach a picture.
Quote 0 0
DBVII
Not the same car, but are these the rear light conversion you saw?
(This car is at Lancaster Aston Martin in Reading, UK)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-ASTON-MARTIN-DB7-DB7-Vantage_W0QQitemZ110103272109QQcategoryZ116503QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Drives well, too... :-)

Mike
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
still not quite got the hang of this, carello lamps and looks just right(but i'm biased)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote 0 0
chris911carerra
Tim how do u get the yeloow border to the grill ?!!
sllotape?!!lol ;D
#
no really ...how is it done? ???
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
hazzardv8 wrote:

still not quite got the hang of this, carello lamps and looks just right(but i'm biased)

Very Ferrari-esque....

RC
Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
aston DB7vantage wrote:

Tim how do u get the yeloow border to the grill ?!!
sllotape?!!lol ;D
#
no really ...how is it done? ???
painted the yellow basecoat,let it dry,masked it out,painted the green basecoat and then laquered the whole bumper......i like it as a tribute to the Aston Racers
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Quote:
i like it as a tribute to the Aston Racers

Quote 0 0
hazzardv8
spot on! that's the sort of thing, and the db4 s up to the modern racers or course
Quote 0 0