db7 boy

It is time to think about polishing your Aston in readiness for this very special one off event, which, by kind permission of the Trustees of The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, has been arranged for Sunday 23rd August. 

Organised by Area 21's very own John Glyde, Lt Col Ben Baldwin OBE of the Parachute Regiment and Beryl Miller, the day promises to be a truly memorable and exclusive event.

Numbers are limited and ticket prices are £62.50 a head to include a Champagne Reception sponsored by Hackett, a conducted Tour of some of Sandhursts most lovely areas and a Barbeque lunch. All proceeds from the day will be divided between two Charities, Support Our Paras and 20% being given to Diabetes UK.

Please see the attached Flyer for full information on the event and how you can book and pay for your place.aposea-2019-082-soverigns-parade-sandhurst-0133-bb.jpg

Quote 0 0
db7 boy
I have no idea why I am shown as an AMOC Guest as both my wife and I have been members for years...any ideas please on why this is happening?
Quote 0 0
360MDB9
db7 boy wrote:
I have no idea why I am shown as an AMOC Guest as both my wife and I have been members for years...any ideas please on why this is happening?
Just send a message to an administrator to get it changed.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
We already have 19 cars signed up for this event after just 2 days!
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
It is absolutely an AMOC event.
It is organised by John Glyde of AREA 21 fame.
As I understand it, John is sending an invitation to every other Area rep for distribution around the membership.

Mike M
(Previously the vice chair of Social Committee)
AMOC Area 21
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Hi Jamie,
I understand that the Club are fully aware of the event as it has been agreed that we can borrow the Marquee.
As it is not me who has organised the event but John and my wife, Beryl, please can you contact them for a decision on the AM News advertisement?
While at it, it would also be good to get it included in the list of events on the clubs website too. 
Both of their email addresses are on the Flyer as per the link on the first post.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Forty cars have already booked and paid for the event so please book early if you wish to attend. Details of how to book are in the Flyer attached to the first post and should also appear in the next issue of AM News.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
A week on from the last posting and we now have 59 members cars attending this really very special event.  See flyer attached for more information.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Now up to 76 cars confirmed.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Hopefully it will still go ahead. 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
360MDB9
I think it is unlikely to go ahead bearing in mind the trajectory the UK is currently going down in relation to Covid 19
Quote 0 0
markm3
You would hope by the end of August events would be running again. 
Quote 0 0
philmw
They might be.  If they are, whether they should be is a different matter.
Quote 0 0
Ian Postles
I would be surprised if we are allowed to or if people want to have a group gathering.  The main problem is going to be how you get people out of lockdown without causing a surge in the virus when you do it.  
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
We are waiting as long as possible before having to take a decision. Nobody wants to cancel it and personally, I am hopeful of it being one of the first events we can all go to! Fingers crossed for now. Stay safe and well everyone.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy

Hello all,
Firstly, I am delighted to say that it is still planned to hold the event🙌
Full details are in the flyer attached to the first post in this thread.

My wife, Beryl, is having a further meeting with John Glyde and Lt Col Ben Baldwin OBE at the end of this month at Sandhurst to fine tune the planning.
Places are limited to 100 cars and there are just a few spaces left.
So if you have not already signed up to join us at what looks like being the first Aston Martin Owners Club Event ( if not the only one planned) of 2020 then do register your interest by sending your name, address and car registration to beryl@harefield.net

Stay safe everyone and let's look forward to what will be a great event in amazing surroundings.

Quote 0 0
db7 boy
Good morning - Please note that his event is now FULL with 108 cars attending and bookings are now closed.
Please watch this space for further news and updates in the coming weeks.
Quote 0 0