DB7Solent
Hi,

Does anyone know what the AMOC promo code is for the next Sunday scramble?

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
I’ve registered the Aston Martin Owners Club for the Sunday Scramble on 7th January 2018, tickets are now on sale via the Bicester Heritage website, please note the change to the ticket purchasing page:

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/whaton/sunday-scramble-6/

http://bicesterheritage.co.uk/?ticket=sunday-scramble-tickets

In order to obtain club tickets you will need to click on the ‘Enter Promotional Code’ link towards the top of the ‘Tickets’ block on the booking page and input our club discount code AMOCJAN18. The club ticket option will then be visible for you to select and purchase your tickets.

I have requested the club parking display area to be in front of or next to the control tower again. Please note, club tickets sales close at midnight Monday 1st January 2018 and are subject to availability.

Clubs attending with 10 vehicles or more may be allocated their own club parking display area. In the event that this number is not achieved and they are unable to provide a display parking area we will advise affected clubs after the ticket cut-off date of 1st January 2018.

They appreciate the Aston Martin Owners Club supporting this event again and hope that our club members have an enjoyable day here.
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
Thanks Mark. Always an enjoyable and interesting day. The Porsche club seem to have bagged a hanger this time but tower is a great spot
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
No problem, glad to help and yes I noticed the P club have done that but I bet they paid a lot for it. See you there, perhaps we’ll park next to each other again and play “spot the difference” again 😀. Meanwhile have a good Christmas and New Year.
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
All signed up. Will see you there!
Quote 0 0
ChrisDodd
I’m joining you, hope the weather plays ball!
Do the Marshalls direct us to the amoc parking area?
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
Yes dead easy, marshals will direct you upon entry. See you there!
Quote 0 0
ChrisDodd
Thanks, see you there
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
Weather forecast is dry and sunny 👍
Quote 0 0
scampbird
Good event as always, thanks.

I wonder if perhaps we should try a different pitch? This is meant constructively but I see two issues with where we normally park.

Firstly, probably more of an issue yesterday than normal and probably a little paranoid, but we're on the outside of a bend where show-offs with less talent than money could end up spinning off backwards straight into our cars. Yesterday that corner was pretty treacherous with black ice, which you know I mentioned to the marshal. (I do feel they ought to have put some salt down if I'm honest).

Second issue is that it's hard to take a good photo where we are. If you face the cars, as you would like, you're shooting into the sun. If you shoot from the side, all the car fronts are in shadow. It was about as bad you could get yesterday with a low winter sun meaning there wasn't a decent photo to be had.

I don't know if the above contributes to the lack of interest Aston seem to get at the event, but it's noticeable that there's hardly a single photo on social media showing our cars. That's a real shame if we're not managing to inspire any passion in the marque. 

Perhaps we could nick Porsche's old pitch if they've now commandeered a hangar? (oh the irony!)

Quote 0 0
David W
I was at the event but failed to find the club area! Might explain “lack of interest”.
DW
Quote 0 0
Mark Rolfe
I’m the person who books the club space and requesting a particular space is not easy. A couple of times previously we were allocated a space along the main drag which was only 6 cars wide and then we had to stack up others behind them. This caused a problem trying to get late comers in and also those who wanted to leave earlier than others out.

Therefore I managed to get the space by the control tower as this gives good access. The issue of people coming round the corner too fast, I’ve never seen before and I’ve mentioned it to the organisers and shouldn’t be a problem in future.

I’ve also asked if the Porsche club are going to be in the hanger from now on, so I can find out if an alternative pitch is available. However in total we had 20 Astons in total during the day in our area, although not all at the same time. This is a small number compared to some of the other clubs and means they tend to plan around the big numbers. For example the Fiat/Arbarth club were allocated the space where the Porsche club normally are.

With regards to finding our area there is a sign put out by the organisers and the marshalls should direct you to this. Just ask them and they will do this, I’ve also suggested to the organisers they could give the marshalls a plan to show attendees where to go too. Also I normally bring the club flag but forgot it this time.

Most of the pics on social media focus on the cars and displays in and around the buildings so unless we can get in there this will always be the case. (Unlikely as they tend to have the older cars in there and we tend to have newer models come along, although thanks must go to the two DB6 owners who came along).

So in conclusion I’m talking to the organisers and will report back in due course.

See you there in April.
Quote 1 0
scampbird
Thanks SolentDB7.

To back up David W's comment - they also tried to direct me to the general parking area. 
Quote 0 0
Miles5

Any update on arrangements for April scramble?

Many thanks
Quote 0 0