annereed
We would like to invite you to come to Wiltshire to join Area 13 at a spectacular day of entertainment on the ground and in the air, at historic Old Sarum Airfield near Salisbury, in the presence of HRH Prince Michael of Kent.

The event showcases the world-famous Red Devils doing tandem skydives and a freefall display; a drive-past of Aston Martin cars from 1937 to the present day; vintage military vehicles; an airshow with Spitfire, Hurricane, YAK aerobatic display and many more aircraft; modern military helicopters; Parachute Regiment soldiers and displays.

This event celebrates the Parachute Regiment's 70th Anniversary of Normandy and Arnheim, along with the 50th Anniversary of the Red Devils Parachute Display Team.

As part of the main event, there will be a 50 car timeline of Aston Martins. Additional parking for Astons will also be available.

The AMOC have the opportunity to buy either a VIP ticket, which gives access to the VIP hospitality with morning refreshment, lunch and afternoon tea for £60, or the standard £10 entry ticket.

As well as a 2.5 hour air display and WW2 historic vehicles, AMOC Members will be performing tandem parachute jumps with the Red Devils.

An AMOC Trophy will be presented for the Aston Martin the Judge would most like to take home.

Cars in the Timeline are required to be on site from 09.30am – 5.30pm.

See the attached form for further details and how to book your place.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Spaces for the 50 display cars are almost full.  If you are interested in being part of the display, please email: johndgoode@hotmail.com

There is also space in the nearby 'overflow' aston parking at £10 per person so you can still enjoy the event, without the hospitality option.

Hope to see you there.

Anne
Quote 0 0
7bgr
Anne / John,

Thank you both for organising a great event even though the strong winds meant my tandem sky dive with the Red Devils had to be cancelled...

Steve
Quote 0 0
annereed
Glad you enjoyed it. Photos are coming in and I'll get a report up during the week.

The plan is to get us all together to have a second go at taking to the air, dates should be with us shortly.

Thanks for coming along.

Anne
Quote 0 0
johnslynch
Love to come see that Anne.

I`ll 2nd great day today
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
I would also like to add my thanks for a great day....very enjoyable ...thank you
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
warrior
I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Goode - area 13 rep and the rest of his team for a well organised day at Old Sarum yesterday. Sadly high wind precluded the jumps themselves so I was unable to see Gillian and the others jump out of an aircraft with a perfectly running engine (!) but hope to be able to do that at some point in the future. Thank you all for supporting this worthwhile charity. JG
Quote 0 0