tim_c
It's that time for the annual Bonhams (just for fun) competiton to guess the top selling cars at the AM auction nest weekend. The aim is to spot the cars that make the greatest gain over the top estimate - in 3 price ranges

0 to 49K
50K to 100K
101K and above

There is an extra rule this year - you may only choose ONE 'barn find'.................if you check the catalogue, you may perhaps see why this is a rule. The winner is the person who has chosen 3 cars showing the greatest total sale hammer price (excluding commission) over the top estimate. If your chosen car sells below top estimate, then you loose the difference from your total. If your car fails to sell, you loose the whole value upto the top estimate. In order to win this competition you may buy one of the cars for BIG money if you wish - in doing so you will gain the respect of the whole club.

The first year competition was won by Mike Smith and last years was won by Chris Bolton - they are the men to beat.

There are no prizes - it's just for fun - all entries must me made on this thread of the forum - and not altered once posted
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
GaryU

So if the zagato makes top money the competition is down to the minor placings.

Maybe we should look at the percentage increase above the estimate as well.

In that case the choice would be

Quote 0 0
boltoc
chrisb
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Come on Mike Smith, what are  your expert predictions?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Mike is still recovering from the Man City success!
Quote 0 0
philmw
It would have been interesting to have run this competition this year!

Incredible auction in lots of ways.

Quote 0 0
john curtis
Smashing pic. What's the story ? Have just put it on my PC as opening page.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Tim M wrote:

Mike is still recovering from the Man City success!

I was drunk til the July...
Quote 0 0
Russell
not this year though i am guessing
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Phil, brilliant photo, and a pilchard.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Just consolation Vimto Russell....
Having said that can't complain can I....never experienced winning anything before with City so just the FA Cup would have done me.
Odd thing was we played a bit naff,so did Utd and the season was a bit boring compared to last year.
I'm more looking forward to the new season now Utd,City and Chelsea are all with new managers plus Arsenal and Spurs are on the up!
Quote 0 0