Nigel Show full post »
mcatlin
Probably a Jaguar. No money for an Aston.
Quote 0 0
steven
V12 MCC wrote:

Probably a Jaguar. No money for an Aston.
Sorry matey, no can do. But you can watch 
P.S. Suppose all the money's gone going to the bleedin' Ball .
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
No.
Quote 0 0
steven
V12 MCC wrote:

No.
You northern lasses are all the same !
I would pay good money to watch.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
steven wrote:

You northern lasses are all the same !
I would pay good money to watch.
?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Steven wrote:

I was thinking of a nice pub/hotel/restaurant with car parking, near say Maidenhead on a fine September evening.
Last rays of the warm evening summer sun,dappling over the river,birdsong in the lush autumnal foliage and the soft tones of 'That's why the Lady is a tramp' by Mr. Sinatra.
The evening sun glinting off the bonnets of the Astons as we sat in the garden, enjoying a drink before dinner.
How about that!
Sounds perfect Steven, however please tell me which pub/hotel you are thinking of because I've lived here for 25 years and haven't yet fouind that many/any pubs with a riverside setting where you can safely park your car and sit and enjoy a beer by the side of the river.  :-\
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
steven
Rich5ltr wrote:

Sounds perfect Steven, however please tell me which pub/hotel you are thinking of because I've lived here for 25 years and haven't yet fouind that many/any pubs with a riverside setting where you can safely park your car and sit and enjoy a beer by the side of the river.  :-\
Don't know .
Prepared to do some research if you like.
What about Boulter's Lock ?
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
steven wrote:

banana banana banana
Always the big spender !
I was thinking of a nice pub/hotel/restaurant with car parking, near say Maidenhead on a fine September evening.
Last rays of the warm evening summer sun,dappling over the river,birdsong in the lush autaumnal foliage and the soft tones of 'That's why the Lady is a tramp' by Mr. Sinatra.
The evening sun glinting off the bonnets of the Astons as we sat in the garden, enjoying a drink before dinner.
How about that!

Dose any of this sound familiar to any one ?
How are we going to get  home after all that drink?
Quote 0 0
steven
mrtbird wrote:

Dose any of this sound familiar to any one ?
Sounds ominous. (Even with the spelling mistake, unless of course you meant DOSE.)
Please enlighten me.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I think someone else has already suggested a cheaper alternative to the club's event.
Quote 0 0
steven
V12 MCC wrote:

I think someone else has already suggested a cheaper alternative to the club's event.
Sorryyy !!!
Will stand in the corner with hands on head.
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
V12 MCC wrote:

Re the 'questioning' of the Ball and its cost,  I guess this down to the lack of published details.
As we all know from the 2010 Programme sent out by HQ, it is being held at the Banqueting House in Whitehall - a stunning venue, no river alongside admittedly but not far from the Thames.
The news is now out that the tickets will be £185 a head but that includes a champagne reception with canapes, really good food (even the veggie option!), GOOD wines with the meal and port after the dessert.
The entertainment should be great as it's the band of the Scots Guards - so they should be able to knock out a tune or two!
Music during dinner, a cabaret and then a dance band for those who want to shake a leg or whatever!

It's an 'all inclusive, no additional cost at the venue' evening so in real terms is value for money.

It's a special year in the Clubs history and this will be a special event.............tickets are selling fast.
Go on lets all book tickets and have a good night, buy your wife the new ball gown, it'll make it easier when you tell her you've bought a new Rapide for the school run! ;D

Sorry for the advert!
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Steven wrote:

Don't know .
Prepared to do some research if you like.
What about Boulter's Lock ?
Ah yes and I can walk home from there  Parking's a nightmare but I'd leave my Aston in the garage. Indeed since it's been renovated I'd thoroughly recommend it on a warm summer's evening.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Nigel
I've asked Audrey if we can have a V8 restorers' table so we don't bore the rest of the crowd - hmmm perhaps our wives would like a separate table..... >
Quote 0 0
williamp
Now Nigel. You'll only get into the "which fuel delivery system is better" argument and end up with a rev-off outside in the car park which will only stop when the neighbours complain... (by the way, the previous rev-off was won by the Bosch system when the aluminium paint on the exhaust started to melt on the Carb V
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Hummm sounds like i may need to open a book on you two any more want to join or just a two horse race? > ;D
Quote 0 0
db7 boy
mrtbird wrote:

Hummm sounds like i may need to open a book on you two any more want to join or just a two horse race? > ;D
Maybe we can add an open debate feature on the benefits or Carbs -v- Fuel injection to the evenings entertainment as well?

With 300 members there it would be a good discussion.
Maybe try to get Kingsley Riding-Felce to adjudicate?
Quote 0 0