tim_c Show full post »
Nigel
Tim, your enthusiasm is infectious!!!   banana! gunbarrel!  ;D banana!

I'm so excitied I even went out and polished the Ford...
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Car cleaned, now of to take out mortgage to fill tank. I hope Perks Field will be hosed down tomorrow morning to keep dust down.
Remember, no picnics in car park, can't have crumbs on royal grass. ;D
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
What time will people arrive tomorrow if they are just coming up for the day? Is there an agenda or it simply a case of turn up, look at the cars, walk round with a glass of bubbly and leave when when ready?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
...and whats the best underground station to get orf?
Quote 0 0
Webby
I hear tell you can get off (for a price) at Kings Cross. The best tube stations to alight for Kensington Palace are; Kensington High Street, Queensway or Knightsbridge.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Central line is best for me, so Queensway it is... thanks
Quote 0 0
weeksp
Rich5ltr wrote:

What time will people arrive tomorrow if they are just coming up for the day? Is there an agenda or it simply a case of turn up, look at the cars, walk round with a glass of bubbly and leave when when ready?

Rich - aiming to arrive just before 10:00am for Perks Field opening - then think its a free for all looking round and trying not to miss anything !!  weather looking good still-highs of 28 degrees !  sun from around 10:00am through till 20:00pm !!!  should be brill !!  my car has been polished to within an inch of its life plus filled with unleaded ready for the cruise down to the big smoke in the morning !!  hope the baby does not drop tomorrow as could be rather busy down there !!

Hope to meet a few of you chaps tomorrow - Paul  banana!
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Having seen some of the cars today I share Tim's enthusiasm! banana!
Paul
Quote 0 0
tim_c
CJ. Is still fast asleep this morning. We had an outstanding day yesterday firstly seeing the cars assemble and then the function  at the KP greenhouse.

I will say that seeing all the cars getting ready, it's like the best Aston Martin picture book brought to life before your very eyes.

Introduced CJ to Dr Bez and David Richards and then finished off with a nightcap with our North American friends at the Dorchester. And it all kicks off proper in less than 3 hours time
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Rich5ltr wrote:

I hope there's a DB3S Coupe, always wanted to see one of those and as this is a 'once in a lifetime' I'm hoping that there will be!
i was half joking when I said that but I see it was almost true. Sadly car No 38 in the timeline didnt turn up so I still remain to see one of these, pity...
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Nigel
Fabulous day and line up - will be writing to someone about the hampers  > - and plenty of champaigne, but nowhere for a coffee..?

Still, big smile and sore feet.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
What are you saying about the non branded hampers with an AM luggage tag Nigel?
Quote 0 0
asington
Perhaps Nigel will expand on his comment, but for me the picnic basket contained food that probably had a retail price of less than £15.00 (US$22., and the quality of the 'rug/blanket' was appalling. As a 'value for money' item, it certainly fell well short of expectations, but as with AML parts, the mark-up was probably huge. It is also regretted that the general public were not asked to make contributions to charity. I appreciate that to charge for entrance to KP was probably illegal (being a Royal Park), but an opportunity to raise funds for a deserving charity was certainly missed. When I organised the Guinness Book of Records 'Longest Procession of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars on the Queen's Highway in 2000, we raised £28,000 for charity!
Quote 0 0
vrooom
;D
Interluxe and the hampers....only to be expected given their cocking up of everything and snidey emails about customers who dared to complain about their complete failure to deliver!
How pleased I am that I had rejected the hamper due to them leaving it the day before to get it touch....the lunch we had in Harrods was very nice and despite best efforts re. champagne was cheaper.
When we did arrive in the Park I saw the hampers and thought I might get one for the souvenir aspect,expecting a big set of Aston wings etc to be embossed on the lid in the sort of type you get on a Fortnum's hamper.
At the hamper desk I saw a bald bloke,asked for a hamper which he brought.....I said no,can I have one of the Aston Martin branded ones please.
He pointed at the luggage tag ......I said aren't there are any proper branded ones then?
He then,and I'm not kidding just walked off..... ;D
Hilarious eh!
Hopefully lessons will be learnt,Interluxe will be sacked,and it will be appreciated how much work the likes of Anne Reed,John Purser and Anne Wright had to do to save Interluxe's cock ups.
It's also noted that certain members took out their frustrations on certain club employees and volunteers.....that's not on....
Quote 0 0