RickH Show full post »
CJ
Three years ago today, my trip came to a close. I still think about it all the time- 1096 days later ;D

Thanks again, everyone!
Quote 0 0
migtig
Long time not spoken in the forum  CJ. Hope all is good with you.   Dave
Quote 0 0
Tim M
See you in 2010 maybe.
Quote 0 0
CJ
I'd love to get back over the at some point next year- but we'll see what happens. If it doesn't happen as a personal thing in 2010, then it'll definitely happen as a study abroad school program in 2012.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Hmm, next year is the 75th Anniversary of the AMOC and the fourth anniversary of the CJ Tour. Something must be done...
Quote 0 0
tim_c
Webby wrote:

Hmm, next year is the 75th Anniversary of the AMOC and the fourth anniversary of the CJ Tour. Something must be done...
The decent thing to do is a return visit - Lime Rock 2010 perhaps
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
CJ
Webby wrote:

Are any plans confirmed for the 75[sup]th[/sup] anniversary celebrations? I'd really like to make the trip for the major 75[sup]th[/sup] anniversary event- whatever it may be.

tim_c wrote:

The decent thing to do is a return visit - Lime Rock 2010 perhaps
That would be awesome! I have a feeling everyone would really enjoy it. Lime Rock is special because it's brings together so many Astons and enthusiasts at several and Aston-related events in so short a time- very reminiscent of my trip in 2006.
Quote 0 0
Webby
CJ wrote:

Are any plans confirmed for the 75[sup]th[/sup] anniversary celebrations? I'd really like to make the trip for the major 75[sup]th[/sup] anniversary event- whatever it may be.

That would be awesome! I have a feeling everyone would really enjoy it. Lime Rock is special because it's brings together so many Astons and enthusiasts at several and Aston-related events in so short a time- very reminiscent of my trip in 2006.
CJ, raise your head from the forum for a moment and look at the menu entry on the left headed "75th Anniversary"
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Bit short in detail Webby. Can I presume Spring Concours at Blenheim?
Quote 0 0
Webby
V12 MCC wrote:

Bit short in detail Webby. Can I presume Spring Concours at Blenheim?
The clue is in the phrase, "New events are being added as details become available so check this page frequently."

75th Anniversary Events
Quote 0 0
CJ
Thanks, Webby.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
It's bring a tear to one's eye to witness the tender sarcasm of grand master to young apprentice.......
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Depends if you're the young apprentice or not I suspect.
Quote 0 0
CJ
Four years ago today, I strolled down the streets of Newport Pagnell with tim_c and Webby. Four years feels like yesterday, yet a lifetime ago, all at the same time. Just can't wait to be back. Thanks again, everyone.

While my AM Adventure was a dream come true for me, I think this this thread presents a great opportunity to re-post and help make someone else's dream come true:

Steve's Dream
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Good grief CJ---only 8 pilchards---must try harder! 
PS. My vote is in. 
Quote 0 0
CJ
Thanks.

I haven't been around the forum much since the "Pilchards" thing came into play. Just so busy with everything else these days... Wish I had more time to spend here. I made it up to Lime Rock for the AMOC track day in June and again in July for the American Le Mans Series race. Might have some photos in the next Vantage Point Magazine.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
But you did take that smashing picture of my Wedge showing a clean pair of heel to the upstart V12 Vantage on the track at Lime Rock

Can we see it again please?
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
CJ
This one? ;D

Quote 0 0
CJ
I'll be back next month. Hope to make it to Bonhams!
Quote 0 0
john curtis
Bring your chequebook !
Quote 0 0
Neil the Vet
Sorry. I just arrived back.
Is he old enough to have a cheque book
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Hello Neil, good to hear from you again.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
It was good to meet you CJ and introduce you to the Bond girls etc
I hope you have got The Persuaders DVD box set on your list on Christmas presents
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Neil the Vet wrote:

Sorry. I just arrived back.
Is he old enough to have a cheque book
just about.....
and
Yes, where have you been ? Lambing finished with us weeks ago ! Have you had stragglers ?
Quote 0 0