vrooom
I thought I'd just give The Persuaders DBS it's own little thread as although Mark D has mentioned it in the Concours I know a few guys haven't read the thread.
The car is in beautiful condition and is coming up in it's own purpose built trailer to keep it nice.
She changed hands late last year and it has to be said fans of the show owe a debt to Mike Sanders who in 1994,when a typical basket case DBS was worth less than £10,000 saved the car and invested some £60,000 over the next few years having Works Service carry out a magnificent restoration.
I was delighted to have been able to invite Mike over to Pinewood Studio's on behalf of Sir Roger Moore last year for a tribute to the show's devisor and producer Robert S Baker.
Sir Roger signed inside the boot lid whilst doing the commentary for the boxset of DVD's and Tony Curtis signed whilst in the UK promoting his book(in Cheltenham at the book festival)
Before anyone asks it's not for sale and won't be as the new owner has waited all his life to get this car.
Here's some high quality photos of her as she is now plus a couple of pics from the show.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gold_napoleon/sets/72157625709371632/ 

Quote 0 0
vrooom
Here are some of her at Bob's tribute with Jenny Hanley,me and Valerie Leon. 
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Here's Roger and Tony signing the boot
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Just downloaded Roger's autobiography to my Kindle.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I should mention Michael's new car in Germany for those who haven't seen it.
How cool is a new V8 Vantage in a Persuaders tribute Bahama Yellow.....fantastic!
Sir Roger has kindly signed some photo's of this car for Michael after Michael made a cracking donation to Unicef.
Quote 0 0
Webby
V12 MCC wrote:

Just downloaded Roger's autobiography to my Kindle.

I haven't written it yet! Nowhere near ready!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
It's called precognisence, it's a cracking read! 
Quote 0 0
vrooom
You could call yours "Roger More to come' if you released the first volume now!
Quote 0 0
Webby
Mike Smith wrote:

You could call yours "Roger More to come' if you released the first volume now!

OK Mike, sold. You can be my agent!
Quote 0 0
vrooom
We've got a weekly spot in the Beano......it's called Roger the Dodger....
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Just to let those interested in The Persuaders,The Saint,James Bond etc I'm bringing some guests with me on Sunday which should make the appearance of Lord Brett Sinclairs Aston Martin DBS more special.
Johnny Goodman was Head of Production for the show and also worked on The Saint,Return of the Saint etc
Caron Gardner acted in The Saint with Sir Roger,has a small role in Goldfinger but also knew Sir David Brown from her modelling.
Valerie Leon stars in an episode of The Persuaders as the Space Queen and of course is in Bond with Sir Roger and Sir Sean Connery plus Pink Panther/Carry On films.
Caroline Munro stars in The Spy Who Loved Me and of course appears in many of the ITC/ABC shows.

Quote 0 0
slick
A pity that I won't be able to show up. Many high quality pics of BS 1 please!!
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Of course Michael.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Where did BS 1 come from or was it made up?
Quote 0 0
vrooom
It was owned by Billy Smart of Circus fame and they asked permission to use it....I've got good pic of Roger and Billy with the Aston and Billy's Rolls Royce Corniche both sporting BS1.
Billy had a few great plates like FU2 and BS1.
They are selling FU2 here:
http://www.smartvintage.co.uk/numberplates/
BS1 is on a 2000 Jaguar XK8 now.
Will try and find the Roger/Billy pic for you Martin.
Below is a pic of the plate on the pinkish coloured Corniche.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks Mike, I rather seem to remember being told the plate came from a member of the Sainsburys family.
Quote 0 0
wondercat
Mike, did FU2 once belong to Paul Raymond?

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Yes Fiona Richmond used to drive an E type with it on and a few people thought Mrs Smart was Fiona!
Quote 0 0
Prattking
Followed FU2 once many years ago and i'm sure it was on a green Mini Cooper driven by Ms. Richmond.
Quote 0 0
vrooom
Here's Ms Richmond herself driving the primrose yellow Series 3 E type roadster with FU2 on.
Go to 4 min 18 secs

I'm glad it's reminded me of this programme 'The Cars the Star' with QW.
Think I'll watch them all on You Tube.
There another E type,an S2 I know of that was supposed to be FU2 once
Here are 2 pics.
I'll see if anyone knows of the Mini Cooper   
FU2 was on a C Class Merc for a while and now it's on a 1991 Merc CL500
Quote 0 0