campbell1955 Show full post »
John Purser
AFD wrote:
Some one must record this!

Nah, you should be able to hear it live !
Quote 0 0
Russell
The most gentle gentlest of all reminders.

I appreciate most will not need reminding but we are guests of Works Service for the morning and Heritage for the afternoon and as such we do need to be mindful of their neighbours and not to spoil what will be a very pleasurable day so please please please when we arrive and leave each venue can we show a little more restraint than normal and respect their glazing.

Once underway it is advisable to keep your speed and driving habits to no more than mildly spirited. To be allowed to do the road trip we needed first to be sponsored by a club (not that it would be hard to guess what club to write letters of complaint to would it) to obtain permission and of course this has all been reported to the Police for approval so they know the route and AMOC's name is on it.

Now it doesn't take Morse or Vera to work out what easy pickings might be had on the route with a radar gun so for your own well being and comfort you should heed the speed limits as we had to give the route to Mr Dibble who has kindly said yes.

besides....what is the point of having 60 Astons going so fast no one gets to see them.

Last but not least, please try to help all those attempting to heard everyone into parking spots, so please do not go off piste, behave yourselves and do what you are told. Everyone you meet has given up their day for us, and thank you to them all.

Get there safely.
The organisers
x
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Hope you all have a great day and the weathers kind,
...look forward to seeing the pics and hearing about it.
Quote 0 0
wondercat
Have a great day, I am really envious. Abe, please take note of Russ's wise words 

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
Russell
One more sleep to go.............
Quote 0 0
andrew bristow
All the Australian Vanquish owners hope you all have agreat day. Please send any photos or recordings to us.
Quote 0 0
Webby
Nice shot from Aston Martin Works on Twitter.
Quote 0 0
Webby
According to Aston Martin Works, "Even the sun has come out to shine on the righteous here!"
Quote 0 0
Webby
'Mr Vanquish' aka Ian Minards, AML Director of Product Development, addresses the #vanquishday attendees. @AstonMartinWork
Quote 0 0
Downr
Looks fabulous
Quote 0 0
philmw
One from today. Fabulous event. Well done all and a special thanks to all at Works.

Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
If Carlsberg did 50th birthday events .....
Paul
Quote 0 0
Russell
Well wow, pretty flipping amazing day i have to say.
65 vanquish turned up on the day and met 17 already there on ramps or exhibiting. must be a record surely.
Well done Graham, Ian and all the team, i know i said it today but i will say it again, an excellent well organised event, we were well fed, well looked after, well entertained, well lectured, well informed and... well what else can i say.
Thanks to all there that put the time and effort in, very professional.
Thanks to those that lent their cars to exhibit or to peer at up on ramps
Thanks to the panel for giving their time up and i learnt a fair bit then as well. (still never found out if you need two services a year though......)
It didn't stop there as we were handed over to the Heritage team and Mark, Anne and Jane (i ate two cakes sorry) and again more history information at the barns.
Sorry if i have left anyone off but you know who you are and i am sure someone can remind us here if i have, as it deserves the rapturous applause it all got.
Above all though, a massive thank you for everyone that bought their pride and joy out on the day to give respect to the effort put in.
There isn't another better way to show appreciation to those that were the TRUE organisers that their effort was well worth it, by attending in such numbers.

Well done Vanquish Day !

PS bring on the pictures and drop boxes as i didn't have my camera.
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Ockyclarke wrote:

If Carlsberg did 50th birthday events .....

Oh yeah, happy birthday Paul
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
I echo Russell's comments plus thanks to all those involved in organizing ..... Mark and Russell on the Forum and all from Works Service and the Barn ......... it was a fantastic day.

Big thanks also to DuncanWD for the ride to the Barn and back
Paul
Quote 0 0
ADAMS
What a great day!
The team at Works were very generous with their time and their workshops were in great shape.
Apart from the 17 (Yes 17! ) there for service etc. there were a myriad of tasty machines Three one-77's DB4,5,6 of which several were in kit form and older stuff etc. etc.
To see the skills and care being engaged on carbon fibre and modern aluminium alongside hand rolled aluminium and proper spannering is just brilliant.
The enthusiasm for the brand and the cars and the company from the technicians and all employees spoke volumes well done.

The Barn teams from AMOC and AMHT made us most welcomend thakyou to Terry Farebrother (trustee) for the explanation of the relationships well done to all .
We even saw a Scots man smile.......... Och Aye!!

Well done to all who gave us a brill day!!
Quote 0 0
jlawler
Great event. Thank you to all of you who put on this event
Quote 0 0
philmw

Quote 0 0
Brital
A very very big thank you to AC and Russell for nurturing the idea and being brave enough to let the club adopt their growing baby; the AMOC and Works teams for an incredibly professional, entertaining and educational day; all the AML staff and other helpers who gave up time for us and a great catering team who kept bus fed and watered. It was a fantastic day.

Given the weather we all drove through to be there, whether the Vanquish is the next AML collectible after the DB5 as some suggested or not, no one can say we are only fair-weather fans. It was heart warming to see people on the Newport Pagnell pavements videoing and photographing the convoy as we left Works, and relishing our vibrant soundtrack.

A great day for the club, the marque and the Vanquish. Only one thing, though, was missing - Russell's blue and red Lycra suit!,,

So there does need to be a next time.........

Well done everyone who helped make it all happen.
Rattus Norvegicus. Never very far away. Allegedly the world's most successful mammal. 
Quote 0 0
Mrp1961
Brital wrote:

A very very big thank you to AC and Russell for nurturing the idea and being brave enough to let the club adopt their growing baby; the AMOC and Works teams for an incredibly professional, entertaining and educational day; all the AML staff and other helpers who gave up time for us and a great catering team who kept bus fed and watered. It was a fantastic day.

Given the weather we all drove through to be there, whether the Vanquish is the next AML collectible after the DB5 as some suggested or not, no one can say we are only fair-weather fans. It was heart warming to see people on the Newport Pagnell pavements videoing and photographing the convoy as we left Works, and relishing our vibrant soundtrack.

A great day for the club, the marque and the Vanquish. Only one thing, though, was missing - Russell's blue and red Lycra suit!,,

So there does need to be a next time.........

Well done everyone who helped make it all happen.

I think Brital has said it all - a great day. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, especially the workshop, back office and showroom in NP and the staff at the Barn who came in at the weekend
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Do you Vanquish chaps consider the backsides of your cars to be the more photogenic

Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
This is the way to do it

Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Brital
Rich5ltr wrote:

This is the way to do it

Aren't all Aston's photogenic from most angles?

Note the low kerb by the pavement, is about splitter height on a Vanquish S. Perhaps the elf n safety guidance to the parking marshals reminded them not to risk any close encounters? Or it was felt this is the view most other road users normally see, but not for long enough to dwell on?? And yes, those well- muscled haunches are a work of art!!
Rattus Norvegicus. Never very far away. Allegedly the world's most successful mammal. 
Quote 0 0
Andy M
Well , what can I say ?   That was just an absolutely awesome day.

A huge thank you to everyone involved, far too many to mention but in particular how excellent of everyone that gave up their time voluntarily.  Thank you Russell and Campbell1955 for instigating it and for all your efforts getting this moving and continuing the momentum.

A massive thank you to all at Works,  the time there was absolutely fascinating and breathtaking in the cars we saw and the work going on, in equal measure !  The guys in sorting the parking, the staff that were there to help with the registration, the guys that did the tours were terrific,  the really friendly people in doing the catering, the way we were looked after by everyone was exemplary,       a big thank you to all.

I thought the session in the Heritage room was just superb and Ian's presentation was quite brilliant for me to see as a new Vanquish owner.  Great that someone from the Company, and so instrumental in the car , came along.

It was fantastic to meet Thomas, the guy that signed off my car and to see the cut away Vanquish etc in that shop was great,   to have a look over to see just how the composites are part of the structure, lots of reference photos there .

Then the cars!!..... Well what a selection to drool over, from the huge number of attendees to all the other Aston models in the work and body shops, to the great Vanquish display in the service shop,   brilliant to be able to get to see the concept that started it all along with all the other cars there.  And of course how great to chat to the hugely knowledgeable technicians on hand.

The drive to the barn was great, lovely to hear the symphony of other Vanqs being exercised en route.  And then many, many thanks to Mark and Anne,  and all the others at the Barn, what a great place and best wishes for your plans for the future.

I have to say that I have belonged to most car clubs over the years, have been to loads of club events but this was simply the best. most enjoyable, best organised car club do I have ever attended, Thank you to all involved, it was superb.

Also great to meet and chat with other forum members, I gleaned loads of useful Vanquish info, thanks chaps.

Many, many thanks to everyone I've mentioned or missed for an absolutely splendid day

Andy
Quote 0 0
Andy M
A few pics, if I've mastered posting them.
Quote 0 0