campbell1955 Show full post »
Andy M
A few more.
Quote 0 0
Andy M
And then finally after a long, very enjoyable day out,  my girl back home ready to go back in the garage after a nice wash and polish.  What the day was about for me, stand back and appeciate what a fabulous car Aston made when they created this wonderful machine. ;D
Quote 0 0
spud
I would just like to add my thanks to all concerned in organising and delivering a very special day for Vanquish enthusiasts, I am sure it will long be remembered.......until the next time?      A special thanks to Russell for getting me in at the 11th+ hour (Graham)
Quote 0 0
Russell
yes i appreciate the parking was somewhat odd but it was explained to me immediately by a WS organiser that if you were to park so many vanks in a tight line like that if you had to reverse them out you actually wouldnt get the cars out and the wear on the clutch could have left a few still there and as much as they want our business, they weren't looking for it on the day. They were just a bit busy.

I was the first in there and was then hastily told to swap round to face the other way because of that.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
James B
Well that's me just home. 1050mile round trip. Car is dirtiest it's ever been but it has been such a pleasure to drive.

I think all of my thoughts have been mentioned previously so I would just like to echo the thanks to all those involved in making such a wonderful day possible...and without charging for it!!! I had seen Works Service previously but it was fantastic to see it once again and be reminded of what an incredible facility they have there for looking after our utterly brilliant cars.
Quote 0 0
campbell1955
We just got home, and I think everyone has already posted what I wanted to say, fantastic day, I have learnt and seen so much, big thanks to Works Service and AMOC and of course Russell, that was all  beyond my expectations. Thanks all.

Just as a foot note, we had two Vanquishes from Aberdeen,one from Edinburgh and one from the Wirral.  The Scottish cars did around 1,000 miles each over the weekend and Duncan WD must have done around 500 miles, all  with no issues at all ( a pigeon flew into the side of my car on the M 1..no damage to the car, not so for the pigeon) I don't know how many gear changes we all did, but a good demonstration of the strength of the cars (my car is an early Vanquish that hasn't had the sensor up grade......yet)

Fantastic event all round. Thanks all again

AC
Quote 0 0
Tim M
My chauffeur (Andrew above) did a grand job, we had a great time and it was good to put faces to names of various 'Forumites'. A big thanks to all at NP and The Barn for a really great day.
Quote 0 0
Tim M
Here's a photo that nobody else has taken!
Russell and Abe at the Traffic Light Grand Prix on the way to The Barn.
I won't be saying who won (but green ones are faster)---
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Words cannot describe, but I'll try................. Awsome, Awsome, Awsome ;D

Could happily set up a tent in the workshop and spend the rest of my days there.  Great AMOC and Works organisation and the AM guys were so helpful and showed genuine interest in the cars. One of the best AMOC events ever IMO.

7 hours cleaning (much of it under the car) were not so much fun yesterday, but if ever there was a reason to get it wet..................... banana!
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen
Quote 0 0
James B
Doctor Houx wrote:

Words cannot describe, but I'll try................. Awsome, Awsome, Awsome ;D

Could happily set up a tent in the workshop and spend the rest of my days there.  Great AMOC and Works organisation and the AM guys were so helpful and showed genuine interest in the cars. One of the best AMOC events ever IMO.

7 hours cleaning (much of it under the car) were not so much fun yesterday, but if ever there was a reason to get it wet..................... banana!

Well i'm finishing at the office quite sharply today so I can get home and give the car a good clean. It'll be a wheels off job so it'll be nearly spotless ready for its next outing!
Quote 0 0
dbv333
Although not a Vanquish owner, I was delighted to be invited to accompany my son on the trip from Scotland to the event. I cannot emphasise enough how impressed I was with the organisation and support throughout the day, and in particular how informative, enthusiastic and helpful everyone was at AM Works – they were a real credit to the marque. It was also interesting to make my first visit to the Barn, but I can now understand why AMOC and AMHT are so keen to move to Newport Pagnell – even with the benefit of printed directions and sat navs (not to mention 40+ Vanquishes to follow) it was not an easy find.

It was a fabulous day, which surpassed my highest expectations, so many thanks to all those who gave up so much time to make it that good, and to Andrew C and Russell for instigating it – well done guys, and I really hope I get invited to the next one also!
Quote 0 0
Manfred
What a trip back over the channel, what a dirty car, not normal for me, but all what the organizers done was that great, thanks a lot for all what had been possible to be seen. Hope to have the time to come again to other events. The car is nice as like new in the garage, so no problem at all. Is vanqui.. one of the best Astons..... Thanks from Manfred, Crazy German likes them such along time.....
Quote 0 0
MPD
What a great day at Newport Pagnell on Saturday.

Thank you to all those who organised it for a super event. I know how much time it takes to arrange something like this and it was excellent. Well done! Thanks of course to Works.

Would you Vanquish owners consider being our Invitation Class at the Autumn Concours on the 5th October 2014. May I suggest you arrive in convoy at a set time (with the correct licensing in place of course) and make a bit of an entrance like the 220’s did at Waddesdon a few years ago and park all together? The venue will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

…your thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Mark Donoghue wrote:
May I suggest you arrive in convoy at a set time (with the correct licensing in place of course) and make a bit of an entrance like the 220’s did at Waddesdon a few years ago

With The Ride of the Valkyries playing at full volume !
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Russell
d
Mark Donoghue wrote:

Would you Vanquish owners consider being our Invitation Class at the Autumn Concours on the 5th October 2014. May I suggest you arrive in convoy at a set time (with the correct licensing in place of course) and make a bit of an entrance like the 220’s did at Waddesdon a few years ago and park all together? The venue will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

…your thoughts?
M

top idea Mark, i am sure we would love to do that.
if we can see who fancies it with a quick cut and paste of names and if it flies i will open another one,

1. Russell
Quote 0 0
Vanquish 2591
A big "Thank you" to every one involved for the wonderful Vanquish day. Sterling service by everyone involved and making the day come true.

I however owe you a few numbers of the total of 2589 built (4 "fell of the ramp" - last number :

lh                 rh
1503                 Vanquish                                            973                 530
1086                 Vanquish S                                        711                 375
443                 Vanquish S old centre console               289                 154
643                 Vanquish S new centre console             422                 221
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Russell wrote:

d
if we can see who fancies it with a quick cut and paste of names and if it flies i will open another one,

1. Russell

2 Duncan_wd
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Russell
1. russell
2. duncan wd
Quote 0 0
Andy M
1. russell
2. duncan wd
3. Andy M
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Russell wrote:

d

1. Russell

.....and best of all, it's likely to be held on the Isle of Skye  >
Quote 0 0
e600
Andy M wrote:

1. russell
2. duncan wd
3. Andy M

4. Pat O'B
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Did anyone shoot any videos of the day? (or were they X rated?)
Paul
Quote 0 0
Andy M
Well, I think my parents/sister/ bro in law might have got some video of us all going under a bridge on the M 40,  they were the 4 people standing above the motorway if anyone saw them, apparently some of you waved at them.  Will find out soon if they got video or stills but don't hold your breath as they are not the most tech savvy !!
Andy
Quote 0 0
Mr Toad
I waved back AND Flashed!!
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Mr Toad wrote:

I waved back AND Flashed!!

That will be a sight to wonder at, still or moving, Mr T ;D
Quote 0 0